• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A pitch black night

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The old wooden door to the dungeon cracked open with a harsh dry sound, only to briefly listened to its sound. The only source of light was meters away and high above the cold stone wall. She blankly stared at the pattern of shadows that were made from its bars. Sunlight was dimmer now, barely lighting the corners of the pitch-black room where she had been cruelly chained to the wall. She clenched and unclenched her fingers to draw away their numbness. Both of her hands had been chained up over her head, her arms were gradually losing their sense of feeling. She growled and tried to move into a more comfortable position, but stopped short as a tingle of pain shot across her. She bit her lips as hard as she could not wanting to make another sound. Footsteps could be heard echoing as they began to approach her cell. Two, she could tell, but she could only hear one voice and that was barely audible.

"How'd I get here?" She thinks quietly trying to remember how'd she even gotten there to begin with.

The beatings she received earlier would be the last before they took her life. Or at least... she only hoped. She bitterly thought of the lives she had taken, the rules she had broken. Everything she did was for her family. Her head bent slightly to the left as the iron door open. She didn't even want to see their faces, although she could barely see them anyway.

"There she is. That bloody beast!" She heard one of them say.

Silence was all they heard of a response.

"Make sure she is chained. The pancake finds any means to cut a throat." The same guy uttered as he turned on his heels, "Take her out, she's no use here and teach her obedience. If it weren't for you I would be hanging her by dawn and rid this world of one more useless breath."

Silence was met again.

Deep inside, however, she was terrified. For once her eyes started to water in memory of her family. Never before in all of her life has she ever wished for someone’s help. But they weren’t there and she was all alone. She had to fight. With every single fiber in her body, she had fight. But deep inside she could feel and it shook her to her core. Little by little she was breaking and then no longer become the fierce girl she used to be.

The guard growled at his companion to continue with his duties in silence and eventually headed out in frustration, slamming the door shut with such force she thought it might break off its hinges. After a while it was all silence that stretched through the dying echo of the sound.

“I forgot to give this to you.” The other guard turned to face her dropping a blanket at her feet, then turning back around. Not long after, she heard a rustle of cloth and a grunt coming from outside the cell. Walking towards her was a tall silhouette fiddling with a pair of keys. Her head snapped up and directly came across a pair of flashing brown eyes that were covered darkly beneath brown strands of hair.

“You…” The voice was oddly calm but deeply angered. He stood a foot away and merely looked down at her. Silently judging.

“What do you want?” She growled at him. His fierce face before her looked even harder than before. Slowly lowering her gaze, she tightly closes her eyes trying to dismiss the hurt feeling inside. Opening them back up, she stared up wildly at his handsome features. “Have you come here to chide me with your words? You may leave me here if you wish. I don’t fear the fate they have in mind for me.” She said sneering at him.

But all he did was stare at her. His eyes burn with a mix of anger and something else. Finally, after a while in silence he says. “I’ve have enough of your attitude.”

Biting back she growls angrily. “THEN LEAVE!” Inclining her head just enough to cover her tearful eyes. He took a step closer with the same threatening look in his eyes. Bending down he roughly grabs her by the collar of her, already torn, shirt and brings her up. Pulling against her tight chains she flinches in pain turning her head away from his face. He smirks. Loosening his overall hold on her, he moves his right palm laying it flatly against her collarbone to keep her still. His body pressed dangerously close against hers. Her eyes widening as he brings his left hand up to cup her cheek. The look that he gave her was of amusement. As if he liked the way she was, so full of fear and helplessness.

Leaning down he whispers softly in her ear. “Do you want me to?” He presses his body more firmly against hers after a few second go by earning him a slight gasp followed by a soft moan. She tilts her head back against the wall behind her and stares at him. Suddenly his lips meet hers. Crushing, breaking the air halfway in her throat as she tries to gasp through his kiss. Breaking the connection, he begins to not only bite into her flesh of her neck but kiss it leaving behind a wet trail. With the cool breeze that blew through the barred window and his sudden touch and taste, it made her shiver with an increasing fire that dwelled deep inside her.

Panting, she wakes up to complete darkness covered in sweat. It only takes her a few moments to figure out what was really going on around her. “A dream….” She smiles slighting chuckling at the thought. Her eyes start to adjust to the overwhelming darkness that consumed the whole room around her. Reaching over she lights the candle next to her. Even with the light of the candle the room still seemed dark. She gets up from the desk she was sitting at prior, looking through some paperwork her sister asked her to do weeks ago. Stretching her aching muscles, she heads towards the only window. Pitch black. “Must be a new moon.” She thinks as she opens the window welcoming in the cool breeze from the ocean. Walking back to the desk, she sits back down and picks up one of the pieces of paper. She casually glances at it before tossing it back on the table. Sighing loudly, she closes her eyes for a split second before opening them up again with a shock. “Those eyes….” She says quietly in a whisper. “Guess I’m done sleeping for now.” She says as she hears what sounds like footsteps running up. The door swings open as a young looking man in a set of the Covian guard uniform steps through the door into the room.

“Thea Caine!” He asks more of a statement rather than a question in itself. He looked ready to run out of the room at any given moment.

“Who wants to know?” She said harshly at the lad with one hand over the hilt of her blade.

“Your sister needs you along the mountain pass! There's trouble!” He yells at her turning around and running out the door leaving her behind. Whether he meant to do that or not she will never know, much less care. Blowing out the candle she heads towards the door and stands at the threshold lending outside. Looking over her shoulder at the darkness consuming the room once again she heads outside to the moonless night. Leaving behind the dream she pushes her thoughts aside and mounts up on her steed. She rides to the unknown. She rides for Cove. She rides towards those eyes… silently judging her.

Thea Caine,
The Covian Guard