• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A pet idea

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What are your opinions on slayer pets? For example Reptiles doing extra damage to Arachnids. I think double damage would be a bit overkill and probably would have to be exempt from PVP, however it would certainly increase the popularity of some of the lesser used pets. Thoughts?

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
If personally prefer a mild amount of itemization offered for pets, with the bulk of the items being created by crafters. There is already armor for swampier, albeit for a different purpose, so the concept is sort of there. It could help revitalize crafting a bit and maybe push people to certain areas to farm maps/recipes? Maybe have a use for the Stygian dragon heads and stuff like that

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think before they make any major changes to the pet system, they need to implement the ability to revert already trained pets to starting stats with retrieval of power scrolls. Devs already created the insanity with PS prices. Let's not make it worse.
As nice as that would be it will never happen.

Mahler

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I think allowing retraining may make sense, but I don’t think returning the scrolls would. I think they should rework the system so the skill points aren’t necessarily for the cap, just the actual skill over 100. This would be useful if they allowed retraining

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think allowing retraining may make sense, but I don’t think returning the scrolls would. I think they should rework the system so the skill points aren’t necessarily for the cap, just the actual skill over 100. This would be useful if they allowed retraining
Now, mind you ... I do not have a tamer but a thought occurred to me ...

We can essentially respec our characters via soulstones. Right?

What if there was a differently shaped soulstone for pets that worked same way as character stones. Only diff would be designating the pet to stone off a skill, pet to receive a skill. Said skill must be one that the pet can handle. Stat points and overcapping under same rules as character stones.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe I have suggested an update to cooking that would allow infused tasty treats to be made that would apply a slayer bonus/vulnerability to pets for a limited duration (5-20 minutes or so).

For example... a “garlic infused” tasty treat might give an undead slayer bonus...

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I believe I have suggested an update to cooking that would allow infused tasty treats to be made that would apply a slayer bonus/vulnerability to pets for a limited duration (5-20 minutes or so).

For example... a “garlic infused” tasty treat might give an undead slayer bonus...
Much like the "caddilite infused" ones from the event last year. I think this idea is a really good one!

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Interesting theory.

I still want tigers we can ride, that are every bit (if not better then) as good as dogs. :)

Considering the amazing amount of damage some designer fighters can do to super monsters? It just seams way down the wish-list. They have 5000 other bugs to work out vs. just ignoring them for decades... as they do.

Maker2014

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Pet respec tool is not only nice, its a necessity. It should have been done from the very beginning of the pet revamp, and would have saved a lot of legacy pets we messed up at the beginning. It will also make fixable any new messed up pets we make now, PLUS it will allow us to change/adjust pet specs for the changes that will happen in the future to the mobs or abilities of pets, and avoid future disasters. It would make the pet revamp more meaningful, and less punishing to make a mistake. Less frustration and more satisfaction of the player base. What are they waiting for?