• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Page From Aedon's Journal

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I grow weary of the state of things in the world. One would think that as Sosaria aged and advanced, that the people who inhabited it would grow as well., but they gave not. They are every bit as primitive as the were when first I became aware of them. They do not learn, they do not grow. They think not with their minds, but reason only at the point of a blade. In short, they are moving backwards, failing to evolve past their savage urges.

I think this is why it was pleasant to sit and talk with the half orc last night. We did just that, we sat calmly and spoke. Neither of us lobbing threats or pointing weapons at the other. It was all in all, once of the most intelligent conversations I have found in some time. I told him of the letter I had received, in fact, I showed him. He has promised to help find Aly, and I do not think he cares much for the one responsible for such carnage.

It is funny how one can fail to see the enemy within one’s circle of friends until it is too late. I had trusted Nick, even know what he was. I depended on the humanity within him to keep at bey the beast that lurked in the darkness. But as with others I have tried to see the better side in, he proved himself in one night to be undeserving of support, and devoid of humanity. I feel sorry for Aila, and fear that she has allowed herself to be stuck with one not worthy of her company. How can one ever trust a mate that may at any moment pounce on her, and rip her heart out? She is a she among wolves in this world. One who walks lightly through the dreams of others as she attempts to aid them, and yet fails to see the living nightmare at her side. Perhaps, as me, she wanted to look for the good in him. But there is no good left in that one, only a snarling beast deserving of death.

Aly’s letter shocked me to a reality I too have been avoiding. That this place, these people have become a drain on my soul. So much anger and death. Is this truly all they desire from the lifetime they are given? Like Aila, I search for beauty and peace where none is to be found. I hope for the best and know all too well that what will come of everything and everyone is more anger, more fighting, more death. I have seen all of this I care to, and must now make some decisions.

I must find something of life that is still good.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The days have been sort of falling into one another. Night after night, days become weeks, weeks turn to months and so on and so on. It is good to have this time to myself before the pressures of day to day live overwhelm all that is peace and beauty, and cast it down onto the earth to rot. Drifting slowly off the coast of Emerald Point at times feels a bit surreal. In the gathering shadows of night, the shoreline appears to be more a large serpent snaking its was around each point, each inlet. The smoke from the chimney rises high into the sky, to join in the mirth of wind tossed clouds dancing effortlessly across the horizon. And there, on the edge of sight I can see the lights burning still inside Izznet’s house. I am sure she wonders where I am off to all the time. Our words of late have been few and far between. It is not for lack of caring for one another, but more that each of us has sunk our entire selves into the tasks we are each working on. Izzy with her beasts, and me with matters of Yew.

The attack within the Rest had to be dealt with. Kyoto and Aly were both badly injured and for what? Words, looks, meaningless things used by folks to justify violent measures taken, and flames of hatred are fanned again and again.

I have made arrangements to meet with Doc and Aimee tomorrow, at which point, they will turn their selves in to begin serving their sentences. This was a wise choice on their parts. It is always best when you have done wrong to accept that which you have done, do your time, and make what ever amends you can. It is my hope that this will be the start down a new path for the couple. It is clear that their skills at tracking serve Yew well, but being who I am I could not ignore all that has gone on. I have made arrangements for their comforts, and that of the one pet I am allowing Aimee to take with her. Punishment need not be harsh to leave a mark on a person.

And in truth, I will need their help along with any offered by John, Okami and any other in searching for the one who murdered the surveyor in Yew. Octavio is still the key to solving all this. He will know better than any what we are searching for. Perhaps in solving this murder his long quest will also come to an end, and his family will find some measure of peace.

The night moves on and each minute of the hour weighs heavily on my soul. It is hard for one such as me to imprison another living being. But there are times when we cannot be fully ourselves. When we must take up the mantel of leadership and responsibility entrusted to us…..to me. The ship has stopped drifting and looking up I watch as Nemira turns the tide back towards Emerald point. I do not wish to return to show, and yet I know I must. And so, I watch as shore and ship drift closer to one another.