• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Page From Aedon's Journal

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a fine line between good and evil.

This is something that I have found to be true through the many dealings I have had in my lifetime. And each of us, no matter which side they may choose to align with all too often finds their self walking that thin line day by day.

It does not matter if you are a monk or a brigand, both sides, good and evil are in a constant struggle for control of your soul. Those who are truly evil can at times allow the wall of their being to occasionally come down. A killer may be kind to a stray dog, or even spare the life of the child whose mother he has just slain.

A good man may from time to time find it necessary to cross that line, and walk for a while with the devil in order to serve the greater good. This can be a dangerous act not only because one must hope that they are not exposed, and bring harm not only on them self, but on many more innocent people. It is a dangerous and perhaps foolhardy path which more times than naught come to a bad end. But still, desperation breeds desperate acts.

And what of the man who stepping over this line finds himself caught up in the exhilaration often inherent in living life on the bad side. There is, so they say satisfaction that comes from being able to dominate another. And a certain thrill to be gained in knowing that others tremble at the mere mention of your name. Infamy, it is said, has its own rewards.

I have watched all too often how the struggle between good and evil go down. I have seen the senseless taking of lives simply because in doing so, others will fear you, and be willing to do anything asked of them. To control another human must make some people feel akin to a god. To have the power of life and death over another the absolute pinnacle of evil. And yet, sometimes even those who hold such power can fine that spark of humanity deep within, and use their power to help rather than to harm.

What I am contemplating may be seen by many to be on the wrong side of that line. Perhaps I will be viewed as evil before all is said and done. History is filled with examples of those who sought to do good only to bring ruination on an entire people. Time will tell which side of the line I will fall on.

There is a fine line between sanity and insanity. I just hope that when all is said and done, I do not wind up erasing it.