• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Notice to the People of Yew

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the people of Yew

With the resignation of our Governor and elections being a bit away, I am assuming my position again as Guardian of Yew and Aegis. Therefore, the title extended to Mikael D’Amavir of Guardian of yew is hereby revoked. Any crimes committed by the former Protector and his group will be met with the full punishment of the law.

All crimes committed against the citizens of Yew will bring the punishment of imprisonment for a term to fit the crime.

Signed this day in the first month of the year.

Aedon Durreah

Guardian of Aegis and Yew

Malekai

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Fellow citizens of Yew,

Who is Aedon to defy the King? The King signed the treaty between the Hand and Yew. Not only that but Yew has a lieutenant governor to take the place of the recently departed governor. For those who don't recall; the King himself told the governor to appoint one of the Hand as her second in command. If anyone should be taking over in Yew it should be the Hand who was appointed by the governor herself on command of the King, not some upstart bartender who has delusions of grandeur! Stand up and make your voices heard! Show the world that Yew speaks for herself and in support of our King! Don't let this bartender lead Yew down the path of treason!

Signed, A concerned citizen

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Reading the note from Malekai Aedon chuckled as he tore down the parchment replacing it with words of his own.*

Fellow Citizens of Yew,
I am sure I need not remind you of the way in which Mikael and the Hand pushed their way into a position. The beatings murders and extortion. As to the king placing this thug into such a position in Yew, well the King, is not to be found and has never had the greater good of Yew in mind in some of his past decisions. The only power that has ever stood squarely for our town was the Knights of Yew. And I am their duly appointed guardian until the next elections can be held.

If the once Protector of Yew is interested in what is good for Yew than I challenge him to forsake his past and step forward to run for the office in the next elections. Until that time, I advise him and his minions to be on their best behavior.
Aedon Durreah
Guardian of Yew and Aegis

Last edited:

Malekai

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Citizens of Yew, Aedon would have the lieutenant governor wait until elections in order to do their job? Yet he has appointed himself to a position that is not needed before trying to convince you that the Hand is your enemy. Who remembers that Aedon himself was wanted by Yew not so long ago? He calls the Hand criminals but where is his proof? Yew has been peaceful these past few months since the foreign fighters that Aedon brought to our homes left. I say let Aedon wait until the next term's elections to try and take over Yew. The Hand has already been elected back in for this term. Let Aedon retreat back into his little glade of Aegis and leave the governing of the greater Yew area to those that are best fit to do it. The absence of the King does not make his rulings void. Signed, Concerned Citizen

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fellow citizens,
Again the thugs seek to exert them selves in the oddest of fashions. Need I remind Malekai that just as a Governor is a single person, so too is a Lt. Governor. His claim that the Hand or as he put it the "Hand" has already been elected back in for this term. The Hand, a collection of thugs were never elected to any term in Yew. Mikael was appointed by Blackthorn to serve as second to help out an end to the unrest gripping Yew. This was the king's idea of offering help when many of us went to him for aid to stop an alliance between Yews Governor and a subversive group simply to allow her family to live safe. It amuses me how many people who do not live in Yew or who turn a blind eye to the plight of our community find it so easy to use our lives as bargaining chips.

I appoint myself to nothing, only take up the post I have long held following the departure of the Knights of Yew now that Gillian has regretfully stepped down. Yew has been peaceful they claim, and yet many of the citizens have been pushed to the point of poverty by an organization who takes from all and gives nothing in return. Aegis continued to endure attacks by the Hand even after a supposed peace had been worked out.

The foreign fighters They speak of was aid from the Rangers of Spiritwood, and people of the Purple Guardians of Honor. Both Spiritwood and Olympus have long been allies of Yew. Perhaps the Hand is in need of a history lesson.

Unlike "The Hand" I do not seek power, only that which is best for a town I have long served. I do not seek the power of a Governors office, I only plan to hold my position until the next Governors election. We do not elect mercenaries to run Yew, we seek citizens who care about what happens in our community from day to day.

Aedon Durreah

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cas chuckled as she removed all the notices posted by Aedon before replacing them with a single message. After posting her message she summoned guards and ordered them to keep watch and ensure the notice was not disturbed.

People of Yew,
Aedon has fled the city instead of facing justice for his treason. As of immediately all declarations posted by the supposed Guardian of Yew are void, and Aedon Durreah is to be arrested on sight should he return to Yew in order to face trial.

Signed,
The Protectors of Yew

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walking to the Yew Abbey, John stood reading the most recent notice posted by the Hand. The content of the note meant little to him, he was simply there to fulfill a duty. Taking out the letter Aedon had prepared ahead of time, John tacked it right over the other posting, then turning, headed back to Aegis.

Citizens of Yew,
If you are reading this then I have been forced to leave Aegis for the time being. Know that my thoughts and heart are with you all and our town. The Knights Rest, Aegis and the city of Yew are to be considered under siege, and you should take all measures needed to keep yourself safe. I have not left you, but moved to a location from which I can continue to fight against the thugs who threaten our very way of life. Stay strong, stay safe.
Aedon Durreah

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cas tore the latest notice off the board before balling it up and throwing it at the nearest guard. “This is what you imbeciles were supposed to be watching for” she snarled at them. The guards cowered as the air around her seemed to crackle with the combination of magic and her anger. “Make sure it doesn't happen again. Or else” she snapped as she turned and stalked towards the center of Yew.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Moving silently through the Yew woods Aedon watch as the woman, with several timid guards in tow stopped before the Abbey reading the note he had posted. He had to chuckle to himself as she angrily ripped the notice down, balled up and threw it at one of the guards. It was clear from the tone in her voice she was angry. It would seem the Hand’s minions were becoming sloppy, their attention given more to drinking than to watching out for one man.

Could they have possibly believed they knew that forests as well as he did after so many years living here? Or had the Hand become cheap in the hiring of their labor and taken to hiring the refuse turned away by other militias?

He watched as the woman left and headed towards Yew's center. The few guards left to watch the board were easily dealt with. They seemed rather untrained and dull. After dispatching them, Aedon moved to the board and tacked up another message.*

Citizens of Yew

Take heart. You are not alone as you make a stand against tyranny. The Hand and other lowlifes they have gathered to them will not succeed in their plans to dominate our fair town.

In the past we have faced together many threats and foul things. We have endured plagues and a measure of destitution. And always, we have come out on top and moved forwards as a people united in cause.

Continue to hide what you can of your possessions. Do not travel any darkened road alone, and keep your wives and children close at home. If you have family in nearby towns I urge you to go there and ask help from local folks, mayors and governors. After all, refuse left unchecked will soon over run all towns. Do all that you can short of placing your lives in danger, and know I am still working for you, as I always have.

Aedon Durreah

Guardian of Yew and Aegis

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Cas approached the message board she suppressed the snarl that seeing the two guards laying on the ground caused. Lazy oafs probably fell asleeep she thought. Then as she got closer, she had to suppress a completely different reaction. There posted on the board was the latest message from Aedon, and nearby lay the bodies of the two guards she had set to watch for him. She nearly rubbed her hands in anticipation. That fool Aedon had given her a perfect situation to turn the minds of the people against him.

A few hours later Cas was standing in front of a crowd of citizens in the middle of town. Holding out her hands she called the crowd to order. “There's no denying there was a tragedy here today. I don't think it's any surprise that Aedon has stepped up his unjustified war against Yew and the Hand. There has been peace in Yew since the Hand was named protectors, yet he insisted that the average citizen had something to fear from them. Apparently the person our citizens should have feared was Aedon himself! In order to post more unwarranted warnings and smear the name of the Hand he has committed murder of two innocent guards. Jeremy White and his partner David Jameson were cut down in a senseless act of violence by a wanted fugitive. Between them they leave behind not only their wives but five children, who are all now missing an integral part of their lives. In order to help offset the loss that these families have faced the Hand has given them a generous amount of gold, but nothing can ever replace their loved ones.”She stopped briefly to offer a small sad smile to the families of the slain guards before starting again. “Help us bring their murderer to Justice! Offer him no aid, no safe haven in Yew from which to continue his attacks against the people of this great city! Join the Hand in helping keep your loved ones safe!” With that statement Cas left the makeshift stage and headed towards the governor's office, disappearing inside. A short time later a runner came out and started putting up a new notice. One was posted at the Abbey, and the bank of all other major cities. It simply said;

By order of the Governor of Yew Aedon Durreah is hereby wanted for the murder of two guards in Yew. A reward of five hundred thousand gold will be paid for information leading to his arrest. He should be considered armed and dangerous.

Cas, Governor of Yew

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aedon sat on a stool before the hearth in the house of one of the Yew area farmers. He listened as those gathered in the house told him of the speech given by the Hand mistress today. A few of the farmers present said they had to suppress a gag when CAS spoke of Yew being safer under the Hand. One of the older of the men there spit towards the ground saying;

“Safer my arse! Only time you feel safe in Yew with that lot about is when you’re out of Yew.

The rest chuckled and nodded in agreement as another went on.

“Ya should have seen that one Aedon, she stood on a box arms outstretched. One would’ve thought she was about to break into song and minute. But I gotta ask ya, what of the men that said ya killed, and their families?”

Pausing a moment, Aedon said;

“The taking of any life is vile to me, but these two were Hand and they attacked me as I stepped forward. The Hand has always been enemies of Yew and as far as this new mouth of theirs goes, she is to be seen as the same of the rest for now. As to their families, their wives were women taken captive and given to the two for their amusement. I would imagine that the only emotion they feel now is relief at being set free from their tormentors. And it the Hand gave them gold in recompense, they are much better off than they were. I am sure that before they receive any payment though that the Hand will parade them before the citizens. Take pity on these woman and their children, be glad for their freedom.”

He regarded the gathered crowd before him for a moment before going on.

“Again, I am urging you all to think first of your safety and that of the community. With that in mind, I want you to spread word through the community. I am offering a reward of one million gold pieces for information about the woman CAS. Until I see you again, be safe. “

Aedon smiled and stood up moving through the crowd. Just before reaching the door, he knelt down before a small child who was holding up a cookie to him.

“For me?” he asked the child. “How about we share it? The small boy nodded rapidly as he broke the cookie in half offering one of the sides to Aedon. Standing, he took a bite, tasseled the lad’s hair and headed out into the night.

(Carried by word of mouth throughout Yew.)
Aedon Durreah, Guardian of Yew and Aegis is offering a reward of one million gold pieces for information about the Hand member known as Cas.