• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Notice Posted At the Empath Abbey

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sifting through some of the paperwork on his desk, Aedon picked up the notice of the upcoming elections. Sitting back, he picked up his cup of tea and sipped lightly while reading the contents of the announcement. Setting his cup down, he ran both his hands through his hair and muttered softly to himself.

“I simply cannot do all the things I want to do. “

He sat there, pondering the situation for the greater part of an hour until at last his tea was cold, and his mind set. Taking up his pen and drawing a piece of paper from the stack on his desk, he jotted down a note, and called to Liam.

“Lad, can you run and post this for me at the Abbey please?”

Taking the note from Aedon, the younger man scanned it for a moment, then looking to Aedon, nodded once and headed off.

After Liam was gone, Aedon picked up his cup, and poured another cup from the kettle. He walked across the room and stood staring out the window into the Glade of Aegis. His decision was the right one for now, of this he had no doubt. But still the thought of so many things he wanted to do, left undone played heavy on his mind. The coffers of the City were full, and he was leaving the next Governor with funds to keep trade deals going for some time to come. He would not be leaving his home, and would do all he could to aid the next Governor in the work of tending the City of Yew.

Arriving in front of the Empath Abbey, Liam posted the note from Aedon. He read it one more time, and then nodding his head in approval, turned and headed back to Connemara.

To The People of Yew,
It has been my privilege to serve you during this past term. And while I am still devoted to this town, I find that other matters most pressing keep preventing me from doing all that I would like to have done for the city.
I have therefore decided I will not be seeking another term of office. I urge you all to support Jandreth as he wishes once again to represent us at the Royal Council.
I will still be around, and anyone needing my assistance at any time has but to come by my office, or send a note to me at Connemara, Village of Aegis, City of Yew.
Again, my thanks for allowing me to serve as Governor
Sincerely

Aedon Durreah