• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] A nice find and a question

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I came across the remmnants of an IDOC last night, and a complete collection of live plants was left behind... which will save me untold time, energy, and reagents in shopping, killing boglings, growing, crossing, etc...

But also found something that I know nothing about - poppies and poppy dust. (They came in while I was away.) Doing some research on UOGuide.com what these are and their function, do they have any value now that the seed box is in the game?

Lady Laurel

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might depend on the shard, but I have sold some poppy dust on Chessy. Not as much as I used to, but it is selling.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the Seed Box isn't likely to turn up on the market for some time, I'd say the poppy dust still has use ... but if you've got one, no it's just a useful piece of deco for gardens now as mentioned

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As the Seed Box isn't likely to turn up on the market for some time, I'd say the poppy dust still has use ...
It's a 4th year vet reward, so it will be available to a lot of people though... I've got room, so I'll store 'em for now.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a 4th year vet reward, so it will be available to a lot of people though... I've got room, so I'll store 'em for now.
Yes, but it's a recent addition, and a desirable one, and they've added a few more of similar age since which are even more desirable (the metallic dye tub at 5 and the Davies Locker at 8) so there haven't been many chosen just to be sold on; people have tended to choose it for their own use and then save or spend elsewhere the Veteran Points. As you yourself said, you spend a lot of time crossing plants, and each cross is unknown at collection and some will have a random result so you won't be able to predict which seed has arrived... the Poppy Dust identifies the seed for you, which without the Seed Box, saves you an entire re-growing cycle to identify and then breed to itself just to get named seeds.