• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Chivalry] A newbie sampire question

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Am I right in assuming I should not lock my karma as a sampire because I'll mainly be using only vampiric form, and the higher my karma, the more effective my chivalry spells will be?

Thought I read a post somewhere that suggested locking karma for a sampire, so it has me a little confused.

Thanks for the help!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Am I right in assuming I should not lock my karma as a sampire because I'll mainly be using only vampiric form, and the higher my karma, the more effective my chivalry spells will be?
Yes.

Negative Karma only benefits the Mana regained from Shadow Wisps, the Stamina regained from Dark Wolfs, and the Hit Points regained from Vampire Bats, from the Summon Familiar Necromancy spell. (Not 100% on the Wolfs and Bats but definitely the Wisps!)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a related question but didn't want to start a whole new thread for it - hopefully someone will see this. :)

Anyway, I was doing the necro quest in New Haven yesterday to get the spellbook (first time I've worked on necromancy) and got lots of "you have lost a lot of karma" messages. I then went out and used my sword to kill low level monsters in an attempt to raise my karma, but never got the other messages ("you have gained a little karma" and the like). Now I was honoring my opponents first so not sure if that short-circuited karma gains.

So here's my question: what should a low level sampire do to keep his karma up while training necro up to 99?

Thanks for the help!