• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A new taxman on the scene

• Thread starter Yancey DeFlorio
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lion De Les

thats funny cus every tax member that come by me while im hunt just attack without saying a word

G

weird... ive never been outright attacked by a member of TAX. Looted sure, but thats different =P

G

I enjoyed our encounter last night. I DO hope that the item I gave to your associate, will reach the Minister...It was such a small item, I am afraid it may be lost in transport. And SHE did say it the color of it matched the Minister's hair. It is a favorite color of mine...

OH!! And I hope that you and your associate enjoy those GIFTS I gave to you as well!! (T'was not much, merely tokens of goodwill.)

S

Sloan

i was looted once sorta....they looted my armor...dyed it pink and put it back on my corpse >.<
oh and a well told Sir Yancey Willum Percival Deflorio the Fourth.

G

Master DeFlorio,

I wish to offer my congratulations to you on your new position. It heartens me to see a young man so taken with the duties of his new appointment. It is also heartening to see that the Ministry takes the time to train their recruits in the standard protocols and processes of "Tax Collection", or robbery, as we so fondly refer to it in Wintermoor. I, myself am a stickler for protocol, and I would dear love to see firsthand the effective manner in which this new taxman collects his coveted taxes. In fact, I look forward to it very much!

I have the greatest confidence that the Minister has seen fit to make special note of the current status of the KSS tax accounts in the ledgers. If you have not had access to these entries, you should note that the balance paid to date is approximately zero gold. In our reckoning, the debits balance to the thin copper, leaving only the credit for return we have filed recently, and regretfully I am forced to report, the balance owed is past the 120 day mark. For more information on this, please refer to the statements prepared by Initiate Otto this spring. These were submitted on-time and with due dilligence. I am certain the Minister will get around to this at some time, for certainly his duties seem to keep him busy.

Of course, the Minister persists in sending letters marked with red ink, and we greatly appreciate this, for kindling is scarce in the northern mountain valleys.

But I digress.

Aside from the KSS corporate accounts, I look forward to discussing my personal tax returns with you, personally.

Respectfully,

Y

Yancey DeFlorio

Evader Lethius,

Yes, Infact I have read the Ledgers and am aware of you and your outlaw force's Tax Status. I look forward to auditing your personal finances as well as those of your band of snake worshipers.

I would however prefer the warmer climes as your hideout is most chilly and I cannot find a tailor skilled enough to make clothing warm enough for your environment.

Infact with your overdue balance, collection of the interest alone would put me in good standing within the Ministry. Not to mention if you would pay the balance, interest and penalties.

G

Cutpurse Fancey,

While I admire your zeal, I find your reluctance to pay us the courtesy of a visit most un-TAX-like. However, I do understand the Minister's dislike of KSS. For when the scion of Aurelius returns and moves to depose your corrupt regime, Minister Dagashi and his henchmen will not only be out of a job, but will be hunted to the ends of Sosaria. Best to grab what gold you can, while you still can, yes?

Send my warm regards to the Minister.

G

*pretends she is not a tailor with the skills involved, that can make exceptionally fine sturdy warm snug fur lined boots and capes*

Wintermoor is not at all chilly so feel free to come and sit upon an ice floe !

B

Blackrock

I have run into this tax collector yesterday and I must say their manner seemed very demanding. However, I am of NEW and therefore "defered" from paying my taxes until a later date. I conversed with this collector for some time and found that he kept referring to papers I was to fill out when I must pay my taxes. I then asked him if I may see these papers and he exclaimed they are kept in Lord British's castle. Of course I knew that is where they were kept however I also know that only a true tax collector may present them there, so I then asked him to take me there and show me the papers. To this he refused. He exclaimed they are closed in these late hours and may be seen in the morning. I found his reply a little suspicious and have come to doubt whether or not he is a tax collector at all! I am now under the impression that he may infact be a fraud and his title may simply be the title of a guild!
There is one more point I would like to hit upon on the issue of tax. It is no mystery to my fellow citizens that our world is in War the factions we know so well have not claimed victory. Therefore, since no faction is in power it is my understanding that no authority has the right to tax a land that is not theirs. Lord British was a king in ancient days, but see him walk into a Minax base and we will see the royal treatment he gets.

~Justin - Owner of Blackrock

K

Kayla Sarai

I had no idea I was being photographed! I like how you excluded the part where you knocked on my shoddy basket weaving skills...

Alariel