• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A missed oppertunity for another mastery in ToL

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I have been enjoying my time testing the new masteries in TC1, but I have noticed one thing that is missing. Lumberjacking mastery. A couple of secondary skills were given masteries, so I feel that lumberjacking should also be given some attention. This is what I would add.

At 90 Lumberjacking, a player can 'chop' the corpse of a reaper or treefellow to collect random wood based of lumberjack skill and mastery level. This would be equal to skinning dragons or killing elementals for ore. Random colored logs would fall into your pack. Other masteries should be introduced as follows.

• Permanent damage increase based on swords,LJ, and mastery level.
  • At GM lumberjack, chopping a reaper or treefellow would also yield the special materials we get from trees.
  • At level three mastery, the ax warrior receives a damage boost against all reapers and treefellows when an ax is equipped. This would be comparable to the chivalry enemy-of-one spell but it would be permanent and passive.
If this mastery were to be introduced, reapers and treefellows would be a major bump in power to compensate.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems all the crafting skills have been overlooked for whatever reason.
You can ask anybody and they all have great ideas for masteries for craft schools that wouldn't interfere with other schools.
I guess this expac is just not designed for the crafter (yeah I know bits have been added)

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This expansion will be a boon for the miner for the first couple of months and then it will die off. I know I'll be mining like crazy and starting a vendor to take advantage of that market while I can.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking this too on Europa but after asking a few it seems most have 1000's of granite stored anyway as its been worthless for so long, I doubt the market will be as big as I've also been hoping it will be.

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There are a few that have not been given any love: Stealing/Alchemy/Crafting/Fishing/Tracking Etc...

I'm not sure why they didn't give crafters masteries. It seems that it would be a great enhancement with the current loot pub...

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This expansion will be a boon for the miner for the first couple of months and then it will die off. I know I'll be mining like crazy and starting a vendor to take advantage of that market while I can.
Explain? Just for the castle customization?

Sunseri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Explain? Just for the castle customization?
Yeah,that's right. For those that have stored granite, this will be a good chance to make some good gold while the demand is high. I think I heard that the pavers, stairs and walls can be dyed, so the alchemist will benefit as well.