• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Message To Aedon

James Bunny-Man

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The pooka commonly refered to as "James" for no reason other than he claims it is his name, quietly broke into Aedon's home in the middle of the night and left a report written on a piece of stationary for him crumpled up in his left shoe.​
| to Va'lis about a matter of the
| utmost importance to the city
| of Moonglow. It was my most
| unfortunate duty to inform
| him that the giant wooden
| horse that is kept at the bank
| had been stolen by what is
| no doubt the most despicable
| of rogues, be on guard as
| this was likely carried out at
| the command of none other
| than the nefarious town crier
| guild to further their plans of
| world domination.
| Signed,
| James Bunnyman
|​

Last edited:

Izznet H'unar

Journeyman
Quietly padding down to the kitchen for some tea, Izznet found a note. It was not terribly well concealed so she peeked at it's contents. After reading the report she chuckled and left it for Aedon to find when he woke.
"Oh James, I do hope you find the fiend," she whispered to no one in particular.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sitting on the edge of his chair in the living-room, Aedon started to slip his shoes on. He was a bit surprised to find some resistance in the right one, and not recalling his feet going through a sudden growth spurt, he lifted it and peered inside. Removing the crumbled piece of paper, and smoothing it out as much as was possible, Aedon read the note from James.

The pooka was often given to odd ways of communication, from paw prints, to elaborate lettering and often Ogham script. But this was to date, the first information delivered via shoe. Reaching into the side table, Aedon withdrew a piece of paper and using the pen setting to the side wrote his reply.

James,

It does seem odd that such a large item could simply vanish from the city of Moonglow. If there is a group of thieves out stealing large useless objects, then perhaps we should see to the security of the Governors office in Yew. After all, I would hate to drop by and find it missing. Please keep me informed of any information which comes to light involving this vile theft.

Aedon

Chuckling a bit, Aedon and crumbled the note he had just written, and shoved it into his shoe. Then laughing, went over to the closet, pulled out another pair of shoes, and slipped them on. As he headed out onto the porch of Connemara he could not help but think that this was going to be an odd day.

James Bunny-Man

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
A suspiciously short time after Aedon had left the room, the pooka reappeared in the same room and took out the note, after reading the note, he went to the desk and added a single word to the bottom of the note, or one would assume it was a word and not a random jumble of letters:

ᚱᛖᚳᚩᚷᚾᚩ^ᛖᚱᚢᚾᛏ
After adding this, he took the slightly amended the note and put it under Aedon's pillow for reasons that probably make sense to the pooka if no one else. He then tugged on his ear and fading away, telling no one of how he got there or how he knew there was even a response.

Last edited: