• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A meeting in Cove

Caine Family

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The sun was just setting in an explosion of reds and yellows. A beautiful ball of fire, just meeting the ocean.

The Gargoyle was sitting in the same place, only occasionally getting up to grab another apple from the tree.

Was she sleeping? Or perhaps she really had no idea where Mason was, and only needed a place to sit for a while.

In any case, Melody would do anything to find her brother. She had exhausted everything else, and saw no sign of him, this was just one more attempt.

Mason had to be someplace! He wasn’t dead. Being her twin, she could still feel him, alive someplace.

When Izznet had suggested Avalon might be able to find him, she was skeptical.

Izznet had neglected to tell Melody that Avalon was a very large Gargoyle. This was not an issue with Melody, however, the town people were rather startled. They were not used to seeing a gargoyle in Cove.

It was a bit comical, watching Avalon walk around the town and place her hands on various stones to “talk” with them.

Melody briefly paused in the doorway, watching the motionless Gargoyle. She just didn’t know what to think about her. But an offer of help was priceless to her.

Who knew what might happen?

Melody Caine,
The Covian Guard

Izznet H'unar

Journeyman
What Stones May Say

Avalon’s talons dug into the stone path next to the Healer’s hut in Cove. The stones spoke to aggression and heartbreak. The violence that had been ruling the town for generations was taking a toll on the land. Cringing at the degree of uneasy frustration the tall gargoyle spoke into the earth whispers of peace.

She had brought several stones from Yew as an offering to the Mountain. Regardless of the scoffing jeer, they were accepted. There was information required, Avalon would do that which was required to gain the trust of the Cove Mountain.

The brother, Mason, had been missing a good while and the family was becoming desperate to find him. Avalon knew that if the stones wished they could send out a long network of lines to aid in finding him. She had been part of a mountain information and supply line for centuries, the ability was there. Finding the right combination of benefits and coaxing to encourage these stones was what Avalon was anxious to do.

Laying hands flat against the cliff face made a static charge course through the metal in her fingers. It stung and rattled in her teeth, but she continued to listen and feel. The minerals spoke of the incident that caused an argument, of the sour taste of orc blood spilled in the ground and of the fury in footfalls from siblings that needed each other.

The land doubted the human’s ability to protect, yet there was a level of compassion some would see as pity that held their attention. Avalon reminded the boulders it was within the best interest of all to assist in finding the missing brother.

“We are all part of each other, friend.”

“These are not of us!”

The mountain was angry. It was an exhausted anger full of a hopeless resolve. How could weak creatures possibly aid?

“They are of the lands beyond, which run into the lands here. As I am of the lands far beyond, I am yet part of this land. We are connected together. Let me teach you the way to know?”

“I am too old to teach new things. What value is there in that?”

“We are ancient and wise. In wisdom is strength. Find this brother and we remove the distraction from the human sisters. This aids their battle for this land.”

A low growling rumble as the mountain shifted away from Avalon in a grumpy pout.

“I will try tomorrow, Brother.”

Avalon whispered a soft blessing of strength and healing into the rock face before taking flight. Several of the town’s folk were startled by the sound of rocks shifting and a gargoyle taking flight, but the day continued without further incident. It would take a while to convince the mountains to speak to each other, but Avalon held the patience of time in her hand and would continue her quest.

“Send out the veins and find the information I require,” Avalon spoke to stones as she planted them in the ground in front of Mason’s home.