• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A match better than expected

Tarragon Slayer/MZB

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two weeks ago, due to a castle IDOC not far away from where I live, I was lucky to secure a few plots.

A few days later, on a quiet moment, I tore down what I'd placed so that I could redesign the area to my fancy.
To my surprise, I discovered that I could place a keep next to my own castle. Previously, I'd had an 18x18 there.

I was faced with a new problem however, for which design would go well next to Miss Echo's Spires castle design? Her Spires keep in the publish 101 contest hadn't won and neither had anything similar of hers in the following contests.

After trying out a few designs on Test Center, I decided to try Robin's Nest from the publish 103 contest.

At first, I wasn't sure... It's definitely not ideal... but I've had the combination for a few days now, and feel increasingly convinced that both designs fit together quite well. Now all I have to do, is finish my castle's interior decoration and then start on the keep. You're never bored in UO.

9660.jpg

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya would of had a veritable empire if 'the spires' keep had got up :p That is the keep I ended up putting down on siege. I didn't bother with the last keep comp as the voting is too hokey for me now. Just over the whole competing with the mulit account/huge guild votes. That picture actually gives you a good perspective on the dif in size between the two though.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like the same spot Summoned had their castle and keep. Not sure what is behind the keep but I remember another keep there as well