• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Luck/Party Question for Jeremy

G

When i do Melisande's i use my Archer, i am always the top damager in the party. Just before Melisande drops dead i switch into a suit with 1248 Luck, and with my 10th Anniversary Sculpture i go up to 1748 Luck, with Achieved Perfection i should be equivalent to 2748 Luck when she drops dead. I've noticed she tends to give some pretty damn good loot with that high Luck, so i'm wondering if it's my Luck alone that determines her loot since i'm the top damager in the party, or does it pool together all the Luck of the party members, then divide it among them based on how many there are?

Another question is does Luck affect the chance for a Peerless to drop a Crimson Cincture or their "Signature" loot? Such as Scepter of the Chief and Swampy for Paroxy, Corroded Hatchet for Melisande, Crystalline Ring for Shimmering Effusion, Mark of Travesty for Travesty, Grizzled Mare for Monstrous Interred Grizzle, Dread Horn Flute, Dreadhorn's Revenge and Pristine Dreadhorn for Dreadhorn?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Some things to consider about Luck:

<ul>[*]A monster will never drop more than the maximum amount of magic items his loot template allows.
[*]Luck is determined by the person that did the most damage to a monster.
[*]When most damage is done by a pet, summoned or provoked creature, the Luck factor of the controller of that creature is used.
[*]Luck has no effect whatsoever on treasure chests, fished up messages in bottles, town or dungeon chests, or power scrolls.
[*]Luck has no effect whatsoever when stealing items from monsters.
[*]Luck cannot make "low" level monsters give "high" level loot. You will still need to kill the toughest monsters to get the best possible loot.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

quote "Luck has no effect whatsoever when stealing items from monsters"

Did anyone else know that we could steal items from monsters??

G

Last time I remember being able to steal from monsters was... either just before or just after Trammels creation.

G

Yeah, i used to walk around stealing gold and crap from the packs of Trolls and Ogres when i was really bored.