• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A lost SuperBOB

SuperBOB_2010

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey All,

I played a long time ago and wanted to pop by and see how UO was travelling - unfortunately i'm unable to recover my old account through some poor decision making on my part (granting access to friends after I decided to quit and now broadsword being less than creative in assisting me).

So outside of that - why should I return to UO today? Whats improved? Whats got worse?

SuperBOB

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Gold system has improved IMO You share gold across account and shard with all your characters now. Economy is poo and real life money and real friends are needed to have fun in game. Many people here will offer you to join their guild and play with you... It's fun during those guild events. Especially UWF on Atlantic. They are very active. Some guilds just want warm bodies for some reason.

Vendor Search is a thing where you can search all vendors on your shard at once. They will give you a recall option through a map to get to the shop as well. The map will also open the vendor for you so you don't have to look through a lot of vendors.

Masteries have a lot of potential.

Training Animal taming is a lot easier.

Still a game where one or two templates are played by everyone. Still a game where crafting isn't remotely fun except for maybe imbuing.

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem with one of my older accounts but I think it may have been hacked. The other account I let a friend use I never expected to get back.
I still enjoy the game but they can improve in a lot of aspects for sure. They need to make crafters more viable again and able to produce the best gear in the game, every once in a while a crafter can get lucky and make something amazing. My biggest issue is that the risk vs reward system is horrible and the devs will not return emails or messages related to it, like it is not a valid concern to have. Shard transfer shields and transfer tokens have made Atlantic the hub of commerce and destroyed the populations of many shards. Although there are still decent communities on shards like Chesapeake and i am sure a few others, the commerce can never match Atlantic. Sadly the 20th anniversary token choices are extraordinarily lackluster and show how little thought and imagination the devs have put into this, although the Halloween content looks promising.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me there (is) was always plenty to do, I just don't do it all. Many things have more layers to them. Crafting has many more trees, BoDs have been made for other skills, housing has had new things added, I don't know how long you have been gone, but plants have usable resources and make plant dyes, there are many bosses now, mini that can be done alone and large bosses that require a few people (but some still manage to do alone).. Lots more stealables and things to do with them... turn in for points and craft. Quests of course. New taming things, new moves/bonuses for each (I'll say) major skill.

What lands were available when you left?