• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] a little worried by the posts on dupes and dupe vendors :(

K

kray2s

i know i could have continued on from the posts in the thread talking about dupe vendors - but i feared this would be lost amongst the replies being given there!

As i am relatively new in actively (finally having some spare gold) buying of rares and my increased activity in doing this at the moment. I am getting a little concerned at how many posts there are about dupes.

I DO NOT want to buy from these dupers and i want to know im spending my gold on the "true , real" thing!

Now my questions are this -

1. When i have purchased an item i have kept a note of who i purchased it from and what i paid for the item. Which is possible when you buy from a player - However, when you buy from a vendor how do you keep such records? sure you know how much you paid but you dont know who owns that particular vendor rental.

2. What other safe guards can u take when purchasing rares from a vendor in order to make sure what you are buying is the genuine thing?

3. Is it still a case of - "if it seems too good to be true - it probably is (Meaning leave well alone)?

Thing i really trying to get at is we can never know for 100% certainty what items are duped and who the dupers are (i believe you cant anyhow, unless you catch them red handed so to speak doing it), sure we got our suspisions. So how and what can we do to ensure we dont end up with the dupes??? (particularily when it come to buying off vendors.

I

Inspector

Just about every server birth item, desirable item, artie, or recent event item has probably been duped, you can' be sure of anything.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if they stock over 10 of same items, and it is worth over 10m well think about it!!!!!!!!!

if they stock like atlantic vendor some know and has uber rare items and never runs out wll that may be a hint!!!!!!

i know i could have continued on from the posts in the thread talking about dupe vendors - but i feared this would be lost amongst the replies being given there!

As i am relatively new in actively (finally having some spare gold) buying of rares and my increased activity in doing this at the moment. I am getting a little concerned at how many posts there are about dupes.

I DO NOT want to buy from these dupers and i want to know im spending my gold on the "true , real" thing!

Now my questions are this -

1. When i have purchased an item i have kept a note of who i purchased it from and what i paid for the item. Which is possible when you buy from a player - However, when you buy from a vendor how do you keep such records? sure you know how much you paid but you dont know who owns that particular vendor rental.

2. What other safe guards can u take when purchasing rares from a vendor in order to make sure what you are buying is the genuine thing?

3. Is it still a case of - "if it seems too good to be true - it probably is (Meaning leave well alone)?

Thing i really trying to get at is we can never know for 100% certainty what items are duped and who the dupers are (i believe you cant anyhow, unless you catch them red handed so to speak doing it), sure we got our suspisions. So how and what can we do to ensure we dont end up with the dupes??? (particularily when it come to buying off vendors.

S

Starla

Every items are buyer beware. There is no way to tell if an item is an original unless you own them in the first place...

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if they stock like atlantic vendor some know and has uber rare items and never runs out wll that may be a hint!!!!!!

I think I know the vendor you're reffering to wanderer... and it has definately sent up some red flags recently.

Definately, if it seems to good to be true, don't touch it with a ten foot pole unless you can 100% confirm that it's valid.