• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS A Little Light Exploration

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Very informative, However there's a section that talks about the 720 skill-cap in the Veteran Rewards Page.

That information, I believe, is now incorrect as all accounts (regardless of age) have the 720.0 skill-cap.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent beginning guide to the new dungeon and it's inhabitants! Thanks to whoever took the time to do this for us ! ;)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very informative, However there's a section that talks about the 720 skill-cap in the Veteran Rewards Page.

That information, I believe, is now incorrect as all accounts (regardless of age) have the 720.0 skill-cap.
Thank you for pointing that out, I'd forgotten it was on that page. I'll fix it STAT. If anyone finds anything else I've forgotten to update please let me know, I'll fix any errors as quickly as I can.
Thanks for the write up and maps Petra Fyde

PS...Happy Birthday!!!
heheh thanks! :)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For who wonders, If you should the decorative Shard Shield. You Can change it in to anything you like whenever you want.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
How many years do ya have to be to get that menu?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here a few of them (Its all from just 1 deed) hanging on my wall.

Drachenfels:

Izumo:

Napa Valley:

Sonoma:

Oceania: (Very Pretty)

Last edited:

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post pics... Made me re-evaluate what I might do with some of whatever Blackthorn loot I may get.
What do you mean by "Crests" from Minax artifacts?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great post pics... Made me re-evaluate what I might do with some of whatever Blackthorn loot I may get.
What do you mean by "Crests" from Minax artifacts?
Thats how the Items are named you get in Blackthorn dungeon that drop in your backpack : (Item name) Bearing the Crest of Minax. :)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, thanks for the clarification.... That's what I thought you meant, but wasn't sure from the way I read it, that's all....

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the guide.
I jsut come back to UO a couple of days ago and this guide and the Shame Dungeon one has really helped me! GOd was u surprised when stratics actually was updated :)

One question though. Are you sure that really all monsters can drop the Crest of minax artifacts?
Ive been killing executioners for hours but still havnt seen a single artifact- They do however have the improved shame loot!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but executioners are rather a low level mob, so it will take a great many of the before you get a drop.
I have had good results from killing the evil mages or the lich.
I think it's a question of finding something with high enough fame and low enough life. Greater dragons give lots of fame, but take a long time to kill, executioners die quite quickly, but don't give much fame.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allright thank you Petra. I keep trying my luck on the executioners then :)

Are the Liches tough? I only have my tamer geared since i returned. Can a GD handle em?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Allright thank you Petra. I keep trying my luck on the executioners then :)

Are the Liches tough? I only have my tamer geared since i returned. Can a GD handle em?
Liches are easy just be fast on reaction cause when you kill them they instantly respawn. Balron is the same. Balron can be done nicely too but the problem usualy there is the evil mages wandering to the room. :)

Room with Rotte, corpses works ok too. The Brigands are more annyoing then a problem but the more you kill the more chances for a Crest.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really would like to get 100 Crests beofre the event ends so i can get one of those Luck shrouds!
Ive been grinding for a week and still is only half way there hehe.

Do you guy think its better to go after the Captains or just farm lowend mobs?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dungeon, and it's inhabitants, are permanent content, complete with their drops. It's not going to end, you don't need to knock yourself out getting them.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow. Guess that means prices is gonna drop fast then.
Might be better off selling my pieces while they are still valuable then :)

Thank you for all the info.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really would like to get 100 Crests beofre the event ends so i can get one of those Luck shrouds!
Ive been grinding for a week and still is only half way there hehe.

Do you guy think its better to go after the Captains or just farm lowend mobs?

Do a bit of both like I do. When there several players at the Invasion. Join them. If you are alone , find you a nice spot and whack at the monsters. Killing a monsters will give you (Hidden) points to get the next Minax Artifact. Eventualy they will drop. The Stronger the monster the faster it go of course. :)

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had no luck killing the golden ele's this weekend. killed for an hour in fel with nothing and than moved to tram for an hour and nothing. am I doing anything wrong? do I need to sign the char up somewhere first? sorry but im johnny come lately to this event. thanks.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, no sign up, just wade in. Not sure how much fame is on gold eles to be truthful. How fast do they go down?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nope, no sign up, just wade in. Not sure how much fame is on gold eles to be truthful. How fast do they go down?
The gold elems DO drop them, but the rate of drop is very, very low...