• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Letter to Va'lis Razele

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

It was creature of darkness that bore the message in the wisp of its hazy hand, a being of inky black smoke and writhing shadows. The scroll case proffered was deathly freezing, cold enough to numb the hand of any that accepted it - assuming of course, that person wasn't already long dead. The shade roiled in an angry cloud of black smoke, rushing into and waiting politely in the shadows. A slight hissing whisper is the only sound that she made, though no sensible words could be discerned except that there were many voices. The shade creature patiently awaited a reply or dismissal.

When opened, the scroll magically unfurls itself in a flash of ostentatious magic. You are the intended recipient, so the words and letters are revealed on an otherwise blank page as the magical flames consume the parchment, then die away. The expensive inks and the tiny, calligraphic lettering are by now familiar enough to identify the author.

Va'lis Razele,

We have kept our accords with your family, in both the spirit and the letter of the agreement. However, recently there have been a number of unfortunate incidents between the great bloodlines allied to yours, and seated wizards of the Council of Mages.

I propose a summit of representatives from the Great Houses and the Council, mediated by yourself, to discuss these misunderstandings before tempers escalate this into something else. Please let me know when it is convenient for you to meet and discuss such a possibility. As always, things are not entirely as they seem.

Go in truth.
Minalan, Speaker of the Council of Mages

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*A letter returned to Minalan*

In truth I expected a letter regarding this matter long ago as it seems not all of my line are eager to uphold our end of the deal. I have spoken with them and you may trust that any future incidents will be dealt with harshly. As it stands however, perhaps a gathering to go over everything in full would be wise. I will accept your offer of a summit and can meet at most times (in the evening of course). As time has little meaning to me, choose the moment best suited for you and the other mages and we will work out a plan.

~Va'lis

*In the moments after he sent his return letter, Va'lis stared long into the spring outside his home. The steam rising and swirling from it in the frigid snowy air held his gaze until his frustration peaked, an energy bolt erupting from his hand to send a column of water high into the night sky. Better the water receive an outburst of his anger rather than his progeny, for now.*