• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A letter to Va'lis Razele from the Council of Mages

Min

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The wax seal you see above opens with an audible snapping noise, accompanied by a bright flash of red light from the spell protecting the scroll. You *are* the intended recipient, so the spell leaves the message intact. The scroll is made of the highest quality of vellum available, and is exquisitely smooth. As you unroll it, letters and words slowly appear, forming on the blank page in a as if being burned into the vellum by an invisible pen. A small magical flame races across the page from left to right, as each bright letter is revealed.

The writing is tiny, cramped, and somewhat difficult to read, as if the author is loathe to divulge his many secrets. The penmanship is flawless, with each tiny calligraphic Gothic-style letter carefully etched by a grand master scribe, using only the most expensive and exotic enchanted inks. There is not a single wasted stroke of the pen, nor a single drop of spilled ink, suggesting the writer is an obsessive perfectionist.

Governor Va'lis, Master of House Razele,

As you are no doubt aware, there have been a number of unfortunate incidents involving scions of your house and members of the Council of Mages. Two weeks ago one of your kind summoned a dreadmare and attacked Arch-magus Penrose, our council's war leader, and she was nearly incinerated for her efforts. Last week another of your kin employed a particularly strong glamour, in a misguided attempt to seduce me and establish control.

The situation threatens to devolve into something far uglier. The Council of Mages is of the wise; we have very little time or patience for politics, games, or continued meddling in our affairs. We have been tested twice by your House in as many weeks, and by the narrowest of margins we have voted for diplomacy over open hostilities.

Thus we wish to meet in order to establish a mutually beneficial agreement that would avoid any future misunderstandings. We would also like to extend the same promise of courtesy, diplomacy, and mutual non-aggression to any Houses you are currently allied with. If you are agreeable to this, please send a reply promptly. Aedon of Aegis has agreed to host our conference, make the necessary arrangements, and provide appropriate accommodations. Aegis is neutral territory, where neither mage nor strigoi hold influence.

Minalan
Speaker of the Council of Mages

Last edited:

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Her laughter still rang in his ears once she had faded. The frustration he felt at the spell failing to kill her was evident, and for that he was glad that was nobody around to witness such. It would not do well to allow his anger to overglow against the citizens of Moonglow, or all his work would be lost.

Never in his long years had he encountered a being such as her. He received similar feelings from her arrogance as he had once gotten from his brother... And what did she mean about his dreams and reality? Questions for later.

A fresh piece of paper was before him and collecting his thoughts, he began to write...

~A message to Minalan bearing the seal of Va'lis Razele~

Minalin, it has been a long while since last we exchanged words of meaning. The questions we have for each other must be rising daily and perhaps yes, a meeting would do us both good.

There are, however, concerns I must address.

I am unaware of such incidents occuring and feel you must be mistaken as none of my line utilize Dreadmares which fails to make that incident my issue.

As for the other, it is possible one of mine was behind it. Acting of their own accord, I assure you as I do not give such an order without just cause. I will look into the matter and punish accordingly, you had my word.

That being said we can move onto the next portion of your message. Diplomacy.

I am interested in hearing what you have to say, and would be willing to sit down to discuss it further. I will allow you to choose the date and time you feel appropriate. After that, I will do everything in my power to attend.

I look forward to a reply from yourself,

~Va'lis Razele

Sealing the message, he placed it upon the table and stretched out with eyes closed.

"Damnable nuisances" He had an inkling of which one would attempt to win over mortals in such a way, always looking for something as she was.
She would be dealt with of course, he had enough to worry about.

So caught up in his thought however, he never noticed as the message simply faded from the table. The echo of laughter in its place.

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*A letter returned to Minalin*

Minalin, below I have listed below such things as I deem needed from our agreement. None of the terms are up for debate, and the breaking of any one of them I feel could be cause for issue. As such, it is my hope that our groups can at least coexist with relative peace rather than outright conflict.

1. No member of either group shall cause harm, indirect or not, to a member of the other.
2. Any information shared must stay confidential.
3. At no time can names be asked for of group members or numbers.
4. Each party will recognize the territory of the other and will seek permission to tread there. In the event of one Merek Penrose becoming Governor, Moonglow as a city will be excluded from this agreement.
5. Those under the direct protection of one Va'lis Razele will wear a ring bearing his insignia. Those who do are not be harmed or otherwise threatened as per listing number 1.
6. Those who wear the insignia as above listed will also be entitled to not having their identity exposed.
7. Failure to uphold any of these listings shall see the offending party responsible for any damages.
8. None under Va'lis Razele shall attempt any form of manipulation of the mind against any of the Council.
9. Neither group shall stand in the way of the other.

Additions may be made at a later time.

If these terms are agreeable to you, simply sign and return it to me.

X__________________________________

Va'lis Razele of Moonglow

Last edited: