• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A Large Piece Of Fire Ruby

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I purchased one of these specifically because it's supposed to act like a ladder. I put it in my house and it keeps dropping me back down to the first floor. I can even stay on the second floor for awhile - but when i click on any containers on the second floor, they say "I Cannot Reach That".

If i click on my paperdoll it boots me back down the the first floor. What's the trick im missing to get this to work like a ladder?

cannot reach.png

I do know that all crystals that share this safe graphic have the ladder effect. I'm asking if there is a trick that I'm missing to get that function going properly?

Last edited:

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had one on my roof mate, if u walk over it it works as ladder. But it was on my last floor

Zandor

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I've never gotten any to work as a ladder to take you to another floor. Interesting note tho, you can teleport onto them outside your house. But as far as using them to replace a ladder, I have never been successful.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I have the chessie version, and it does work as a ladder... sortof. It does wierd things to the client when you use it to get "up". The client shows you that you're on the 2nd floor, but to anyone else, it looks like you're still running around on the 1st floor. The same for putting anything down, or interacting with anything on the second floor - the client will say you can't reach it, and the stuff will be put down on the first floor, because the client thinks you're still on that first floor.

For anyone who ever visited the "basement" levels Peil and I both built, where Z was at -127, it basically acts the same as that... it has limited uses for displaying things, but it's not a good alternative to an actual ladder.

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Someone needs to start allowing functional rares - like the soul forges... the new forge doesn't work- I want a cool ladder that's 2 tiles to replace all stairs in my house and the only function I have to do that is the old school ladder... common people!!!! The new age of rares is usable rares!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Character 1:

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}On first floor:
{/td}

{td}On second floor
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Character 2 standing on the first floor looking at Character 1, when Character 1 thinks he's on the 2nd floor:

You can see that, as far as character 2 is concerned, character 1 still looks like he's on the first floor.

Both characters thinking they're on the 2nd floor, and should be staring at each other... but they're not:

[xtable]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}
{/td}
{td}
{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

MadMartyr

Madness Personified
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same with things like Rubble stairs. The client glitches and shows you going up, but in actuality your Z-Index stays the same.

Last edited: