• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Large Piece of Blackrock

Lord Viro

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i'm trying to find some info on these. I have searched the Wiki's but cant find where or when they were from. Does anyone remember? I know it was an event but that's all I remember.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
i'm trying to find some info on these. I have searched the Wiki's but cant find where or when they were from. Does anyone remember? I know it was an event but that's all I remember.
They were dug up as part of the 'Kingdom Reborn' quest chain that launched the EC. It was used in casting the "Armageddon" spell. Carrying them around in your pack 'Blackrock Infected' mobs and they dropped the small named chests.

Sadly the content is no longer around... how do I know? I still carry a piece around with me to this day in case the Devs screw up and activate it by accident.

Azurel_uo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
They were dug up as part of the 'Kingdom Reborn' quest chain that launched the EC. It was used in casting the "Armageddon" spell. Carrying them around in your pack 'Blackrock Infected' mobs and they dropped the small named chests.

Sadly the content is no longer around... how do I know? I still carry a piece around with me to this day in case the Devs screw up and activate it by accident.
I have it in my pack too. I also had 2 toons who themselves were black rock infected. Which was cured when they turned it off. How i miss the little voices

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I still have the voices in my head. But there not in game does that mean am black rock infected?

Some are very nice you just don't want to meet the mean ones.

They tell me to do stuff sometimes I do like they told me to reply to this post. But others times I won't do what they say.

I do carry a pice on most of my characters still as well. Old wifes tail about it helping gain skill

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I do carry a pice on most of my characters still as well. Old wifes tail about it helping gain skill
That is where the whole Alacrity scroll idea came from actually. The area the large pieces were mined from was just like being under one, only with many more gains. It was not uncommon to get a full one point (not just a tenth) gain. Think it maxed out at 3 points if my memory serves. I actually trained Legend tailoring, gm tinkering and one other skill there to from the area in just a few days. Trained it on my stealther, just hid in the upper corner on top of the elevated area so very few BR Elles ever came up there.

I don't think carrying it has any impact on skill gain though.. but that is likely how that rumor got started.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have it in my pack too. I also had 2 toons who themselves were black rock infected. Which was cured when they turned it off. How i miss the little voices
Ahhh, voice in my head. I still have them, but they have been added over the years. ;) Only 2 more and I have a baseball team. <chuckle>

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I remember the Alacrity Scroll event that had all the ore elementals.

From shortly after the introduction of paragons, my alliance had actually developed a specialized guild that was nothing but combat miners farming ore elementals in Ilshenar (occasionally acting as bait for miner-killers in Fel, but they'd mostly disappeared by that point), with guild titles based on the toughest elemental you'd soloed (with slightly different titles for paragon/non-paragon).

When that event launched with all the ore elementals running rampant between Justice and Compassion, we were like

"Our time has come...."

And we spearheaded Lake Austin's vanquishing of the elementals, and racked up serious numbers of Alacrities in the process.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
On napa during that event, so many people training getting slaughtered by the BR eles that were immune to pets and magic. Bards were king.

I died so many times.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just liked to blow up and grab the parts. If you cut them in your backpack they would fall out in different ways. Some would make blood piles and some would make intestine looking piles. I would Say, I feel sick, then bow and cut them so it looked like I just puked up stuff.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember the Alacrity Scroll event that had all the ore elementals.

From shortly after the introduction of paragons, my alliance had actually developed a specialized guild that was nothing but combat miners farming ore elementals in Ilshenar (occasionally acting as bait for miner-killers in Fel, but they'd mostly disappeared by that point), with guild titles based on the toughest elemental you'd soloed (with slightly different titles for paragon/non-paragon).

When that event launched with all the ore elementals running rampant between Justice and Compassion, we were like

"Our time has come...."

And we spearheaded Lake Austin's vanquishing of the elementals, and racked up serious numbers of Alacrities in the process.
My Macer has a Scepter with both Elemental Slayer & Earth Ele Slayer on it. Also 648 Max Dur. I would use that to one shot Ore Eles back when they were vulnerable to Earth Ele Slayer as well. Had to be careful with Eles that reflected damage though.
Ele Scepter.PNG

Long forgotten spell. What was it 36,000 HP damage?? LOL
Back when the Shadowlords were invading Moonglow, people would use Armageddon to deliver enough damage to immediately secure top looting rights on them.

Hazel868789

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My Macer has a Scepter with both Elemental Slayer & Earth Ele Slayer on it. Also 648 Max Dur. I would use that to one shot Ore Eles back when they were vulnerable to Earth Ele Slayer as well. Had to be careful with Eles that reflected damage though.
View attachment 113913

Back when the Shadowlords were invading Moonglow, people would use Armageddon to deliver enough damage to immediately secure top looting rights on them.
It "might" still work on the new events. But I will never tell. Be Safe.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Funny thing is....since I know I was one of the first infected and hearing voices, my tamer (poor soul still has a few screws loose!)

She still casts it from time to time....she does miss the voices......

1610924138924.png

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I just tried to cast it on three characters, one of which was the one who initially cast it during the event. It did not work.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I did that right before I posted it...make sure you're 120 magery and the blackrock is in the ground next to you. I did it three times.....thankfully I have a few pieces of Large Blackrock ;)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I just did it again and actually blew myself up lol.

SHH don't tell, they might turn it off!

1610937236284.png

1610937324657.png

And those mannequins are wearing the Of Ice items so you know this is recent.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I lost my originals.

Every time I've cast it, I've taken damage but never blown up until today. I always get that message that something is...wrong but usually just take damage but survive. I know that's how it was the first time around, I think it only took me a few tries though to blow up and start hearing voices.

For the past.....what....20 years? (OMG That makes me feel so old!) I've cast it once every few months....Maharia my Tamer is obsessed. I RP her that way....eventually I will run out of blackrock though...I have about 15 pieces of the big stuff left :(

I was just trying to get a screenshot of me holding the new Ice Dungeon spellbook while casting it so I could show that the spell still works..did NOT plan on blowing up lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Loved casting that and getting the voices... Setatabon being a Demon thought it was fun... he enjoyed the company ... That arc was by far one of the best and most memorable... I loved it so much.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The small pieces are used in the blackrock stew recipe and are still used to kill dark wisps but you don't need a ton of them realistically unless you happen to own a Bane Dragon...since the only thing they eat as far as I know is Blackrock Stew, then you'd need a ton of them.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they are small but don't say small, those are the rare ones.

JaxxVain

Adventurer
So I am an Endless Journey account that has returned after nearly 20 years away from the game. I found a 127 stack of "Small black rock" or something similar.

I've never seen or heard of a bane dragon, or a dark wisp. I have them on chesapeake, if I still kept them. If anyone wants to buy them to feed their bane dragon hit me up. ;)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So I am an Endless Journey account that has returned after nearly 20 years away from the game. I found a 127 stack of "Small black rock" or something similar.

I've never seen or heard of a bane dragon, or a dark wisp. I have them on chesapeake, if I still kept them. If anyone wants to buy them to feed their bane dragon hit me up. ;)
Miners get these nowadays; they are also used to craft the exodus sacrificial daggers I believe

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The small pieces are used in the blackrock stew recipe and are still used to kill dark wisps but you don't need a ton of them realistically unless you happen to own a Bane Dragon...since the only thing they eat as far as I know is Blackrock Stew, then you'd need a ton of them.
Actually they will eat Tasty Treats and they like them so you don't ever have to feed your dragon stew... if you don't want too... supposedly it gives them a boost of something but yeah... so do Tasty Treats.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Actually they will eat Tasty Treats and they like them so you don't ever have to feed your dragon stew... if you don't want too... supposedly it gives them a boost of something but yeah... so do Tasty Treats.
Sadly this is a common misconception. I realize a LOT of people think that to be the case but it is not. While Banes do eat tasty treats it does not take the place of what Blackrock Stew does. Tasty Treats give a bump to stats... Blackrock Stew impacts it's attacks. Keeping the fed with the stew makes a significant difference.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Banes have a hidden mana pool that depletes over time. When attacked , they use that hidden mana pool to make a free counter attack as a ranged poison(i believe while they are fed, they also take reduced damage) only blackrock stew fills this.

Cupid

Lore Keeper
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah I lost my originals.

Every time I've cast it, I've taken damage but never blown up until today. I always get that message that something is...wrong but usually just take damage but survive. I know that's how it was the first time around, I think it only took me a few tries though to blow up and start hearing voices.

For the past.....what....20 years? (OMG That makes me feel so old!) I've cast it once every few months....Maharia my Tamer is obsessed. I RP her that way....eventually I will run out of blackrock though...I have about 15 pieces of the big stuff left :(

I was just trying to get a screenshot of me holding the new Ice Dungeon spellbook while casting it so I could show that the spell still works..did NOT plan on blowing up lol.
Hey Larisa how do you cast the spell? Do I need a scroll of it first? Just lay the large piece of blackrock on the ground next to you? Are your body parts named after you? Thanks

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hey Larisa how do you cast the spell? Do I need a scroll of it first? Just lay the large piece of blackrock on the ground next to you? Are your body parts named after you? Thanks
Hey!

No you don't need a scroll. It's best to have 120 Magery, use jewels and/or a spellbook to get you there if you don't have it naturally.

Put the large piece of blackrock on the ground next to you and say the words out loud.

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

It doesn't always blow you up, sometimes you'll just take damage and get the message I posted in the first image. When the spell is successfully cast, you will take 65,000 points of damage and your body parts will be on the ground next to a backpack. It will use up the blackrock.

The parts do not have your name on them, unfortunately!

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Hey!

No you don't need a scroll. It's best to have 120 Magery, use jewels and/or a spellbook to get you there if you don't have it naturally.

Put the large piece of blackrock on the ground next to you and say the words out loud.

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

It doesn't always blow you up, sometimes you'll just take damage and get the message I posted in the first image. When the spell is successfully cast, you will take 65,000 points of damage and your body parts will be on the ground next to a backpack. It will use up the blackrock.

The parts do not have your name on them, unfortunately!
Interesting item, if it would cause 65,000 damage to other items in the area, such as a champ boss or any boss creature. You would get killed, but so would the boss creature? But it would not always proc the 65k damage and the piece would be spent. Could be used as a nuke for bosses, lol but not reliably..Also good luck on getting many of these black rock large pieces..

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
That damage is just to the one casting it.

Would be very beneficial if it was not though.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
These can no longer spawn right? So they are RARES..?
Correct, not sure how many people decided to save them so there might not be many out there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I know I have a horde of them somewhere... the trouble is remembering where they are...

Blues Topside

Adventurer
Governor

I still carry a piece to take down the shield on dark wisp's...

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Interesting item, if it would cause 65,000 damage to other items in the area, such as a champ boss or any boss creature. You would get killed, but so would the boss creature? But it would not always proc the 65k damage and the piece would be spent. Could be used as a nuke for bosses, lol but not reliably..Also good luck on getting many of these black rock large pieces..
That damage is just to the one casting it.

Would be very beneficial if it was not though.
Actually, the Armageddon ritual would deal damage to nearby entities as well. Back during the Void Rift event in Moonglow, whenever the Shadowlords would show up, people would run up and use the Armageddon ritual to deal massive damage (about 2/3 of it's health) to the Shadowlord to secure a top looting rights spot.