• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A KR Show of Good Faith...

J

JoyousGard

How about releasing images or a list of the various colors of pets in KR. I am pretty certain that all dragons are red in KR, but hiryus, lesser hiryus, cu sidhes, and some others have a variety of colorations...

Are the spawn rates the same? And what does a light green lesser hiryu look like in KR when compared to a green lesser hiryu?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Are the spawn rates the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how any spawn rate could be tied to the client you use.

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Are the spawn rates the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how any spawn rate could be tied to the client you use.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you're but like in the case of the dragons, there is no spawn of brown. Maybe there are similar things in the other pets.

G

The spawn rate is no different, however how the clients handle colored creatures may be different. The question then becomes what's the degree of difference in the 2d Hues call routine and the KR Hues call routine.

Unfortunately, I don't have that answer.

B

BadManiac

Not only are all dragons red, but all drakes are red dragons too! STILL, after a YEAR! *mumbles*

G

Blaze cu

Pink Cu

Ice Blue Cu

Ice White Cu

Hero Blue Cu

Reptalon

Unicorn

Pure Black Longmane Mare and Shortmane Blue Mare

Grey Hiryu

Strong or Poison Green Hiryu

Giant Ice Worm

Will try to add a dragon, rune beetle and bake kitsune when I've a moment to snap some screenies.

To answer your question, spawn rates do not differ according to which client you're using. What ya get in 2d/Legacy is what ya get in KR, too - it just might look a bit different. Or flap incessantly...

Edit/add:-

K

Kayne

Thank for those Nico.

The KR Bake Kitsune looks like a KR Cu Sidhe with its tail down.
The KR rune beetle apart from being very white looking is actually ok
The two KR mares are identical
The Small Ice Worm (woops did i name it wrong
) needs no further comment.

S

slasherofveils

brown dragons actually have a slightly different body style then the red ones, believe its slightly smaller or vicer versa

kind of annoying but once u get used to it, you can see the difference before you kill and skin them to see their scales :)

J

JoyousGard

Thanks a lot for posting those. Did you notice the KR Cu colors change at some point? It's hard to remember now. I went and took one of my regular blue Cu and a scorpion, but I overwrote that printscreen I will head back out and do that now.

The 2D Bake looks like the owner is feeding it drugs.

EDIT:Scorpion and Blue Cu Sidhe

G

I don't recall any significant changes to the cu colours, but then I have had a significant knock to the head in the last seven months, too. Any subtle hue change may well have been lost on me for awhile.

I do, however, remember when the bake kitsunes looked distinctly like potbellied pigs. I like them a LOT better in KR since they've been prettied up, but I do wish their multi-tails were much more prominent.

More than anything, I wish I were better able to ensure I am actually vetting my OWN critters while in the KR client. Vetting monsters in Felucca can certainly be hazardous to one's health...

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to put too fine a point on it, but out of curiosity, when going through and redoing the graphics for the KR client, why in the world didn't they make the graphics hue-friendly?

I mean, even some objects in the 2D client only re-hue certain parts. Some of those hued creatuers are hideous.

:/

I don't mean to gripe, but I hadn't seen images like this before, and it's rather disappointing.

G

Few could mistake me for a KR pom-pom wielder, RaDian, and it's no secret that what I know about design &amp; graphic art would fit comfortably on the head of a pin with plenty of room to spare.

There's little doubt the hueing of some critters needs some TLC. Frankly, I'm not too fussed about that kind of thing since with the improvements already made, it's clear they can and do address those cosmetic issues.

I'm going to try hard to find an older pic of the KR bake kitsune so you can compare/contrast what we had with what we now have in terms of improvement with just one single wee critter.

I was only in on the very last phase of beta - even so I've seen a marked improvement since then.

I love the 2d graphics. I think they are beautiful. And yet...Maybe it really is us old farts who need to open our minds just a little to the possibility that good stuff might yet come from KR.

'Course, that's just my 2g worth...

I

imported_Sarphus

The old KR kits was just the dire wolf art. They basically hadn't completed the art for kits yet in KR, so they had dire wolf art in as a placeholder. They didn't even look like kits...

If you want a screenshot or an idea what they looked like, go find a dire wolf.

C

Chameleon

I still love the rune beetle and bake kitsune in 2D graphic.

Black Rune Beetle looks more evil and given its special ability, black is a more suitable colour for it than white (which looks like it has been bleach).

A favorite of mine, Bake Kitsune in 2D look more mystical, especially with its glowing eyes.
In 3D, it looks very common like a cu, no personal character.