• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A housing question

Hello,

I'm a relative newbie here, and have a quick question about houses and the condemnation feature. Please excuse if my question is rookie, I've read the guides but there is just one thing that's not clear.

The guides state the conditions for a house to be condemned, and the relative timer after a house becomes condemned to the point of collapse. Curious though, does condemnation still happen if I don't log in for a bit? For instance, UO isn't my primary game, and maybe I don't log in for a few weeks, will the house still be there?

Supplementary question...can I lock down huge amounts of resources that don't fit into a container? I.e. I want to level carpentry, but keep all my wood (~10k at a time) on the floor. If I lock it down, will it never decay?

Thank you in advance, this community is awesome!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello,

I'm a relative newbie here, and have a quick question about houses and the condemnation feature. Please excuse if my question is rookie, I've read the guides but there is just one thing that's not clear.

The guides state the conditions for a house to be condemned, and the relative timer after a house becomes condemned to the point of collapse. Curious though, does condemnation still happen if I don't log in for a bit? For instance, UO isn't my primary game, and maybe I don't log in for a few weeks, will the house still be there?

Supplementary question...can I lock down huge amounts of resources that don't fit into a container? I.e. I want to level carpentry, but keep all my wood (~10k at a time) on the floor. If I lock it down, will it never decay?

Thank you in advance, this community is awesome!
Most of the Housing Rules can be found here House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online, mainly this part regarding your questions

Housing.png

For the supplementary question (resources), most can be stacked up to 60,000 and most containers have 125 items total... so 125 stacks of 60,000 or less would be the limit. Locking on the ground will keep your resources safe also

Thank you so much for the quick response!! That's definitely the information I was looking for, i must have misread that initially!!

Thanks again!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As long as you keep paying your monthly fee for your account, your house will not become condemned.

By checking your house sign you can tell how much storage you have used and how much is available. Containers (bags, boxes etc) are the way to go in general since you can fit 125 items of 60k weight or less per container. Items just locked down are harder to use since they must be unlocked to use instead of just dragged from a container. Remember say - I wish to lock this down - to lock down an item on your floor or - I wish to secure this - to secure a container.