• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] A good updated ABC Archer build?

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi.

I returned recently and i want to change my disco-archer to an ABC archer.
What were exactly the skills used?

120 Archery
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Bushido
x? Chivalry?
x? Healing?
Focus or medi?

I'm pretty lost right now. I have 720 skillpoints and 230 stats (no power scroll yet). It's mainly for pvm purpose.

Thanks!

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
120 Chivalry
120 Healing

you also can get 60 some skills on jewels to get 300 points for mana cost reduction.

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im running a new version of my ABC archer since last publish and im loving it :

archery 120
anatomy 120
tactics 120
heal 90
chival 90
bushido 80
sword** 115

I normally use this template with sword, to get 300 points for mana reduction as well as for whirwind for small spawn, but i also remove it for 115 resist when needed or necro/SS for wraith version.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use a very similar archer:
120 archery
120 tactics
120 anatomy
100 bushido (only for honoring/perfection bonus)
90 heal
90 chivalry
80 spirit speak (as a human she can cast wraith form safely from a scroll with joat)

The differences are made by the weapon specials you want to use. My archer mainly uses/chains armour ignores when it comes to boss fights. Ppl with 120 bushido mainly use lightning strikes for critical hits. While wirlwind attacks are superior at low level champ spawns, an archer does well enough with a magical shortbow and lightning arrow. (As usual highest possible hit area is recommended for that.)

Zeroh

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi again. Thanks for the replies.

I'm currently working on my archer. I like the template with healing, it feels like the old times before AoS.
Now i'm investigating what should i equip it with and how to make it.

I suppose i have to craft a studded set with capped LMC and mana regen in every piece because the template doesn't have focus or med. HML on bow, DI on jewelry, 70s resists.... and that's all. I got crafters to make everything but i lack the knowledge to do so. I'm pretty lost on this.

Is there any good guide to crafting gear? I want to star with something easy but functional so i can star hunting a little.

Thanks.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
For PvM

1. You needn't much MR. I think 4-6 is enough. You can get 4MR from LT sash and luck robe (both items easy to get for 100 minax's each).
2. Increase your resist caps using reinforcing. At least for physical, fire and energy resists.
3. Reforge HML on your bow so you had 48 HML + 40 SSI on a composite and 48 HML + 10 SSI on a yumi.
4. Use DF for stas. Use trade deal to get 5 SSI.
5. Reforge armor pieces for HCI/DCI.
6. Consider adding 1-2 woodland pieces to your suit.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK thinking about making an archer and this all looks great but I have a few questions..

1) can I use vamp embrace for healing like my sampire does?
2) I understand wanting swords for early lvl of champ spawns....but why not just use a UBW double axe?
3) what kind of stats do you all run? My gut tells me an archer should get hit less so would need less health. But would leech less mana and might need a larger mana pool for speacials.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
1) For ranged dexxers usually Healing is better than VE (the same 100 skill points)
2) UBW - you need melee skill to use it
3) 130 STR, 140 DEX, 2o INT, 140 HP, 180 Stam, 80 Mana. Having 48 HML is very important. Also 50 LMC, 300 skill points for special move mana cost reduction, 120 tactics/anatomy for higher damage.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My ABC Archer:

100 Anatomy
115 Archery (120 with Quiver)
100 Healing
120 Tactics
100 Bushido
85 Chivalry

This leaves 100 points which can be used for Focus, Meditation, Resist Spells, etc. I typically switch between Focus and Resist as necessary.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Merlin, try to kill masters in Blackthorne to see the difference
You mean like difference between having a MR related skill like Focus/Med versus having Resist? Not sure what you mean.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Between your template and modern ABC templates.
What isn't modern about the template? I'm certainly interested in making it better, if it doesn't require a full-out revamp.

Also, I note that the template you posted above is based on 810 skill points - am I reading that wrong? What are the 'natural' skills of your ABC template?