• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A gold dupe. Well exploit.

• Thread starter RavenWinterHawk
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RavenWinterHawk

So Im reading the duper thread here. I said to myself... argh. So I go to a website known for cheats. I figure I will read. I find a cheat to make gold. Why do dupers get caught? It is in their desire to brag.

I found an exploit that has been active. Whether or not it got shut down, I dont know. But it was active. I found this in 15 minutes. Anyone can.

What is the exploit? Yeah. I cant say.

But you gain approximately 50k on it by following a simple sequence. I figure you can do it over and over. How many times in an hour? I dont know. But if you know how write a script you can probably do it 20-25 times in a hour.

Ill send what I know to the right people when I get home. This isnt really a dupe its an exploit. But it makes gold.

So why doesnt EA just join this website and other cheat sites. The information gets posted up there.

Or how about this. EA OFFERs $1000 for the first player to email the dupe. I mean come on. A thousand bucks isnt chump change. Sure maybe someone will keep it a secret but DUPERS like to talk. It be worth it to create a mole characture to infiltrate dupers guilds and make some cash by turning them in. And dang $1000 per dupe (for EA to pay out) is a lot cheaper then the man hours spent on finding them.

Argh.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I've sent in dozens of bugs and dupes, all free of charge. (A thank you email would be nice)
Some get fixed some don't.

Either allow free range cheating so goody-two-shoes people like me can compete or do something about it to stop those who are cheating. It's simply not fun anymore. Someone stopped by my shop today looking for an item from the vesper museum.. I can't compete with the scripters so I had to say I was sorry I didn't have that item.

It just gets worse and worse and all we get from Jeremy is that they know and are working on it. Meh.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Im reading the duper thread here. I said to myself... argh. So I go to a website known for cheats. I figure I will read. I find a cheat to make gold. Why do dupers get caught? It is in their desire to brag.

I found an exploit that has been active. Whether or not it got shut down, I dont know. But it was active. I found this in 15 minutes. Anyone can.

What is the exploit? Yeah. I cant say.

But you gain approximately 50k on it by following a simple sequence. I figure you can do it over and over. How many times in an hour? I dont know. But if you know how write a script you can probably do it 20-25 times in a hour.

Ill send what I know to the right people when I get home. This isnt really a dupe its an exploit. But it makes gold.

So why doesnt EA just join this website and other cheat sites. The information gets posted up there.

Or how about this. EA OFFERs $1000 for the first player to email the dupe. I mean come on. A thousand bucks isnt chump change. Sure maybe someone will keep it a secret but DUPERS like to talk. It be worth it to create a mole characture to infiltrate dupers guilds and make some cash by turning them in. And dang $1000 per dupe (for EA to pay out) is a lot cheaper then the man hours spent on finding them.

Argh.

Fortunately if you are talking about the issue I think you are there is a timer keeping individuals from truly cashing in on this. It is much more profitable for individuals to monster mash gold farm tbh.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Fortunately if you are talking about the issue I think you are there is a timer keeping individuals from truly cashing in on this. It is much more profitable for individuals to monster mash gold farm tbh.
Either way all you have to do is set your handy-dandy script to do it all for you 23 hours a day.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I hear you.

My point is and Flutter is an example...

Spend some money EA to shut down the dupes and thank those that turn in info. You all are stuck in the box when it comes to fixing and finding these problems. Stop doing the old way. You literally have a 100,000 people with information.

Offer cash rewards, game rewards, combo of both to subscribers that turn in information about serious game problems such as dupes and exploits.

Paying out $1000 bucks to the player that turn in a dupe is not only easy... it turns players on players. I know getting $1000, heck even $500 would be of interest to players.

All you have to do is set up an email box. The first player in with the dupe gets the reward. Its time stamped. Lawyer friendly. Done deal.

Add to the incentive for players to turn in information. It will save you so much money and people hours.

doube argh.

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RTLFC

Yep, I do agree with you. But how many times to you can you offer food to a rabid badger before you decide to shoot it? How many times will you be picking it up to give it a big hug for being so precious? Will you eventually be convinced that the cute sash around its neck has nothing to do with it still being a rabid badger?

After being bit repeatedly I am inclined to let it starve. No amount of shiny trinkets will impress me or get me to change my mind.

F

Fayled Dhreams

You mean like this?
January 12, 2007
"I found a dupe bug. Should I use it and hope I don't get caught, or report it?"
We are cheerfully stealing a program from Dark Age of Camelot that will hopefully encourage people to help us keep the game clean. The first person to report an exploit or a dupe - without first exploiting it - receives a prize. The prize may range anywhere from a keychain to a lifetime free account and invitations to all future UO betas - the reward depends on the severity of the problem, but I will demonstrate our gratitude in some way if you're indeed the first to report the problem, and you've done so in honesty and good faith. (Note: The "good faith" bit is important. You can't find a dupe, make millions on Ebay from it, and THEN tell us about it to get a reward. It's one or the other :) )

So, should you find something with the potential to be seriously harmful to the game, please send in a bug report to uobugs AT uo.com with all the information, and an email to me (jdalberg AT ea.com, with the header DUPE).

The DAoC team is satisfied enough with this program to share it with us, and I am eager to tap a heretofore unexplored well of knowledge from our playerbase :)

May 07
"Why don't we have an in-game bug reporting system? Email is so last decade."
Heh, indeed. Kingdom Reborn has an in-game reporting tool that works wonderfully, according to our QA department, and in the meantime (and for our legacy players) we've added a Bug Reports category to the Feedback Forms that goes directly to the QA team. (As with the old email address and the rest of the feedback system, we won't be replying to every one, but we certainly read them all.) The uobugs AT uo DOT com address still works fine, for you old-school folks.

Might be worth a mention here :cool:

R

RavenWinterHawk

You mean like this?
January 12, 2007
"I found a dupe bug. Should I use it and hope I don't get caught, or report it?"
We are cheerfully stealing a program from Dark Age of Camelot that will hopefully encourage people to help us keep the game clean. The first person to report an exploit or a dupe - without first exploiting it - receives a prize. The prize may range anywhere from a keychain to a lifetime free account and invitations to all future UO betas - the reward depends on the severity of the problem, but I will demonstrate our gratitude in some way if you're indeed the first to report the problem, and you've done so in honesty and good faith. (Note: The "good faith" bit is important. You can't find a dupe, make millions on Ebay from it, and THEN tell us about it to get a reward. It's one or the other :) )

So, should you find something with the potential to be seriously harmful to the game, please send in a bug report to uobugs AT uo.com with all the information, and an email to me (jdalberg AT ea.com, with the header DUPE).

The DAoC team is satisfied enough with this program to share it with us, and I am eager to tap a heretofore unexplored well of knowledge from our playerbase :)

May 07
"Why don't we have an in-game bug reporting system? Email is so last decade."
Heh, indeed. Kingdom Reborn has an in-game reporting tool that works wonderfully, according to our QA department, and in the meantime (and for our legacy players) we've added a Bug Reports category to the Feedback Forms that goes directly to the QA team. (As with the old email address and the rest of the feedback system, we won't be replying to every one, but we certainly read them all.) The uobugs AT uo DOT com address still works fine, for you old-school folks.

Might be worth a mention here :cool:
Well the reward to dupe and expoit is greater then reward to turn it in.

If thats how it stays... not much will change.

I guess the other way to go is to monitor what each account creates and use a few alogorithms too launch REDflags.

Lets see...
Account made.
0 gold
8 days later account has 837 million gold.

Hmm. Read flag anyone.

Let see.
Establish account.
Player boards, redeeds boat 6x a day. (NO RED FLAG)
Player boards, redeeds boat 867x in one day. (RED FLAG)

Let see
Player spend 800 million on vendors in one day.
What did they buy? Gears over and over (RED FLAG)

Come on.

Temporary Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a few weeks ago jeremy posted on another thread that the fastest way to get a response was to email him directly. well i sent the email and resent a copy every day for the past 2 weeks with no reply. care to guess whether he really cares what players think?

R

RavenWinterHawk

OR this.

EA finds out the exploit.
It involves this action and this action. Both actions found in normal game play but not typically done back to back.

Whatever.

Watch for a week after you figure it out. AND BAN all that do it.

Report the bannings to all subscribers. Make people paranoid.

Something...

I think its time to comfort the playerbase again and get some DEV talk going.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can people still get trial accounts using the paypal cc generator crap?

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Please follow the RoC! Do not post any details about bugs or exploits on these forums.

I lock this thread to avoid further violations.

Status
Not open for further replies.