• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A funny thing happened on the way to the stable...

• Thread starter Beatrice Quill
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

Beatrice Quill

My *ahem* lord, master and employer of scribes, Blind Otto
, recently asked me to use my inscription talents to help with this thread , and it's had such good response, I thought I'd tell a few more people about it.

I did ask the person who provided the information for it, and she didn't mind, so, have a good laugh! The funny bits start about halfway down, but it's all good. *tries not to look biased*

Z

Zarn

This was a good read.
Made me want to dust off my crook.
(err crooked staff that is).

I

Ibichi_Wakayama

I totally enjoyed reading that and wish I had the room for that skill.

G

Makes me want to start a herding branch of KSS. HSS ~ Herders of the Silver Serpent.

R

Rykus

Oh too funny...

I can see this being the next big nerf.. Balancing Herding will no doubt take the highest of priorities and push the PBD solution back yet another publish.. Thanks Otto/Beatrice!!

[/sarcasm]

jk of course.. :) Luckily my wife has a n00b char she is training and will have an open slot until Spellweaving arrives.. I think I know what she will be doing tonight.. hehe

G

It sure was good reading and very fun, good job Bea and Otto.

G

"Lord and Master" ?!? Ahh, THAT will come in handy sometime.... *files copy away safely*

Forgive me Lord Lethius, but HSS sounds somewhat like using a balron to kill a mongbat! Maybe a small, elite, trio of herders, at the most, but if one herder can control that many creatures all by him/herself, an entire guild would probably leave little standing, and we do have a reputation for honour on and off the battlefield. :)
After all, a single herder seems to have vanquished the vampires with little effort, and I heard Dreadbeard was quaking on the roof of his house yesterday while a few bakes howled up at him - probably more of the same herder's handiwork. *applauds loudly*

*pictures herders coming together for meeting.... 40 runebeetles, 60 bakes, 80 polar bears, 20 dragons, 50 drakes, and a random assortment of dogs, cats, sheep and goats. Pictures server coming to a grinding halt... Pictures devs imposing a maximum herd size of 5...*

I just keep finding it SO funny that this has been considered one of the more useless skills around for such a long time - and then someone comes along and does this with it! I wouldn't go near it without stealth though - only a suicidal lunatic would want to suddenly be revealed in the middle of a herd of dragons!

The big question that I can't find an 'official' answer to anywhere....
What is the upper limit of herd size?
So far, I've heard 40, but seen a herd with 80 in it, and all sorts of other numbers right up to 512. Does anyone have anything that's been confirmed by EA/OSI?

*wonders how many players it would take to defeat a herd of 512 bakes and runebeetles*

I'm glad everyone else enjoyed the thread - thanks for the comments, and again, thanks to Nightingale for all the information!

G

*laughs*

Very cute Bea!

The chicken comment made me recall the Bunny Incident of Easter this year...I had a friend help me gather up as many bunnies as we could and released them in the Wintermoor dueling pit prior to Fight Night on Easter Sunday. Sadly, a TAX agent of a healthy rosy color had arrived early for the festivities, and he was stealthing about as is his habit while I was setting out Easter baskets...but he entered the arena dueling pit before I could say anything to him, and it was a horrifying spectacle as enraged bunnies with names such as Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail converged on him to deliver death...to his credit, he tried to get out, but alas, many bunnies died before I short-circuited his escape attempt, with a handy "remove thyself," to stop the fluffy carnage. *cries* Why couldn't I have typed faster? Why??

These were all that remained to greet the guests when the event finally started...

Castor and Servoria were kind enough to be my red Pied Pipers to clear the arena out for the dueling.

-Skylark