• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A funny note about Assassins

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Today, I tried to give a member of my pirate guild the title "Assassin". The system prevented that name, obviously because it contains the letters "ass". I had to use the title "Azzazzin" instead. Kindof stupid, isn't it? :)

I thought word filters were much more sophisticated these days.... :)

G

<blockquote><hr>

Today, I tried to give a member of my pirate guild the title "Assassin". The system prevented that name, obviously because it contains the letters "ass". I had to use the title "Azzazzin" instead. Kindof stupid, isn't it? :)

I thought word filters were much more sophisticated these days.... :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. A discussion came up a few days ago about this very thing when poor Cassie Darksong was denied her name!

-Skylark

G

Aye, it's a sad thing to say that my guild, the Skara Brae Rangers, can't have any actual rangers
Oh I really want to thwack the person who figured NPC titles couldn't go into guild titles in any form...

I really hate guild titles now. Just make sure all NPCs display titles in their names and it's very easy to distinguish between a guild title and an NPC's name! Give us back the option to make those titles again.

I can come up with titles in the end, but it's a pain in the backside that my first 3 choices are all blocked by the filter

Wenchy

G

Yep, i used to use my Stealth Fencer to assassinate people and cut their heads off before Tram. Someone would employ me, i would kill the victim, cut off their head, and give the head to my employer for gold. Was funny watching the person wagging the head in front of their enemy and locking it on their doorstep. Too bad they completely killed that playstyle when they got rid of decapitating.

Can't name my char's guild title "Arch Assassin", because of the ridiculous name filter. So i decided on "Pre-Trammel Hitman", i prefer the title "Assassin" though. Still got the guildstone for that guild too, The Night Knives.