• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A fun idea came to me while taking a study break

Would like to be able to paint your Pre-fab house, castle, or keep?

• Yes, bring on the paint supplies.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Yes, but please devs no Glacial colors .

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Yes, But only neighborhood association approved colors.

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • No, iIdon't want eye sore housing colors

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was taking a study break reading stratics and had a fun idea come to mind.

Ok, We have new castle design thing. We can dye our boats, clothes, and many other things. We can even dye the stone pieces for castle redesigning.

So I got to thinking why can't we paint our pre-fab houses, keeps, and castles. I would love to have a purple castle to be the crowning jewel in Luc's purple fetish. Think pink Castles, blue castles, green castles and any color you could think of to paint. Think we could do up castles and pre-fabs up for Halloween black castles with spider webs and such.

So what does the UO community thinking of this idea. Vote and Comment!

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
The stone houses in Luna Atlantic are ugly enough. One thing I've come to understand is people in UO do not have good taste. It's bad enough what is going in inside most homes, don't need to see it on the outside too.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh but ain't that America, for you and me
Ain't that America, we're something to see baby
Ain't that America, home of the free, yeah
Little pink houses for you and me, oh for you and me

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted for the HOC colors, even though I think HOCs are Satanic organizations run by joyless, Type-A micromanagers with tiny, tiny...

ANYWAY... A set of nice, non-neon, non-glacial, non-hideous item shop colors could be cool.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SugarMMM.. Thank you for the musical interlude :D

Dot_Warner.. LOL, thank you for that laugh. Yes, HOCs are all those things and more.. That choice was more a joke :D

Blackie, you have a very good point about being loyal to the period and authentic feel. It sad tho UO is becoming less and less loyal to the period. I hadn't really thought about the loyality of period in a long time.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A little OT but haven't you been in college for like...9 yrs now. You gonna be a surgeon ? :p

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Luc of Legends Good luck with your studies! I agree with @Blackie, housing should be in keeping to some extent, obviously if your house is in Tokuno or Ter Mur 'in keeping' is a bit different from Trammel. Not sure what that would actually even mean in Malas! :confused:

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Only if they allow glacial colors. i want a Glacial Borg cube please.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I voted no, we can already dye our homes... there's no need for paint. I say we leave pre-fab as is

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I voted no, we can already dye our homes... there's no need for paint. I say we leave pre-fab as is
Ok, forgive my absent mindedness.. How can we dye our homes? I know we can dye wood, the new granite pieces, colored gozas, etc. But not the house itself.

Thank you all for you feedback. Like I said it was a fun idea, there have been some good points, and respect all your opinions

:beer: