• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A fracas in the streets of Britain!

• Thread starter Cymidei Fier
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
C

Cymidei Fier

This report comes from Xanthe the Minter of the West Bank of Britain….

I saw it with my own eyes. A foul creature as if from the spawn of the Abyss itself. Small and feeble in size, but with a tenacious and forceful will, seemingly obsessed with creating havoc and mayhem in the streets. It moved with incredible speed, and those who attempted to engage it in combat were left swinging their weapons foolishly at mere thin air! I heard several citizens and town guards refer to the creature as, “The Yattering”, whatever that may be? Nevertheless, it was unwavering in its relentless assault.

I heard cries of pain from several citizens as The Yattering sunk his sharp jagged teeth into the knees of several unsuspecting passersby. While peaking through the windows of the bank, I witnessed a young boy who complained about his fruit market stand being upturned. I heard screeching coming from an elf’s tamed battle chickens as The Yattering darted this way, and then that way, confusing his pursuers at every turn.

A short time later, I even heard cries inside the bank itself when The Yattering burst through the doors, tripping Gargan and toppling him over a nearby chair sending him sprawling. The Yattering continued knocking over tables and throwing deposit ledgers and important documents everywhere, even tearing some to shreds!

Next, it savagely pulled a beautiful painting down from the wall, smashing it over someone’ head, all the while emitting a chilling scream, hissing with overt venom at anyone, and everything, in its path. Later that evening while visiting the Cat’s Lair tavern for a nightcap and pint of ale, I inquired with Jeremy the Barkeep as to what he knew of the background of The Yattering, if anything at all.

His face contorted into something unpleasant as he groaned noticeably. He explained to me what he recalled from stories previously told by his patrons. “The Yattering is a haunt, or poltergeist, you might even say… A complete nuisance and pest to the unfortunate people it chooses to target. Be ever wary of The Yattering and its cunning nature”, he spoke with a hardened look upon his face. How The Yattering can be forever banished back into the Abyss, he couldn’t even begin to fathom and quickly steered the conversation in another direction by offering me a second pint of ale, free of charge.