• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A flower ? oh well thank you !

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How time runs thin my friends, some people dependant on wealth and power are in for a shocker and a long... long withdrawal. Many are panicking, evidenced by their lack of usual "shocking" actions, some think a fall-out shelter is going to protect them against a solar maxima (hint : don't be anywhere anything metallic)...

Here's for your cynism FD... so delightfully rendered as a reinbursement to your vaillant vehemance.

Wandering through the chaos the battle has left,
We climb up a mountain of human flesh,
To a plateau of green grass, and green trees full of life.
A young figure sits still by a pool,
He's been stamped "Human Bacon" by some butchery tool.
(He is you)
Social Security took care of this lad.
We watch in reverence, as Narcissus is turned to a flower.

A flower?

If you go down to Willow Farm,
to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies
Open your eyes, it's full of surprise, everyone lies,
like the focks on the rocks,
and the musical box.
Oh, there's Mum & Dad, and good and bad,
and everyone's happy to be here.

There's Winston Churchill dressed in drag,
he used to be a British flag, plastic bag, what a drag.
The frog was a prince, the prince was a brick, the brick was an egg,
the egg was a bird.
(Fly away you sweet little thing, they're hard on your tail)
Hadn't you heard?
(They're going to change you into a human being!)
Yes, we're happy as fish and gorgeous as geese,
and wonderfully clean in the morning.

We've got everything, we're growing everything,
We've got some in
We've got some out
We've got some wild things floating about
Everyone, we're changing everyone,
you name them all,
We've had them here,
And the real stars are still to appear.
Oh yes... here's your precious "meat" :

US Government Suing 12 Banks For Fraud In Mortgage Securities - YouTube

F

Fayled Dhreams

why you no credit da rip? Genesis Supper's Ready Lyrics.

:cynicism: ?:talktothehand: another mis-use of your thesaurus
There is >no purpose< inherent in life, other than those randomly fleetingly ascribed by those guessing/musing ...
Plato covered THAT quite well in the Allegory of the Cave. And your place >here< is the same as in there
chained by your ego to watch the shadows >only< ... and yakkety yakkety yak, of course.

Even IF(doubtful at best) you had "meant" cynic 2 ?:talktothehand:
I don't believe that for a human, that it IS to possible >to be< wholly motivated by self and/or interest; much less a combination of BOTH ... :lol:
(Though Ayn Rand >came close< in The Virtue of Selfishness)
ONE flaw >ruins< the perfection OF a "perfect plan"(should be no flaws in it)
the usual Flaw being stated above: There is >no purpose< inherent in life.
Compounding that flaw with: knowledge of self AND knowledge of "in best interest" ... :lol:

Well, you remain quite blissfull.
*shrugs*

NOTHING about your "notice of intent" is remotely beyond being predictable.
The government, is sueing the banks, for questionable practices in the past
AFTER bailing them out, with money they didn't have, because the banks were too big to fail :lol:
The banks got too big Under the rules and regulations that the government put in place
And "supposedly" examined and approved in great detail ...
?:talktothehand: Has ANYONE gone to jail?
Ah yes! Bernnie Madoff! any monies recovered and appropriately "returned"?
Some, but, they know they will never FULLY untangle that gordian's knot
merely share out a few pieces ... heh! and keep some for themselves ...
motivated by WHAT? some version of holy/wholly/greater good? ... for the public weal?

:talktothehand:Well, you remain quite blissfull.
*shrugs*

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay something interesting to decypher I hope ! Classics rarely require credits and that is why we enjoy when someone else remembers and can point it out !

*sits down and rolls a giant*

I'm glad you bring up Plato because at the heart of the matter lies therein :

Perceiving this, and with the view of eliciting information from them, he told them the tales of Phoroneus and Niobe, and also of Deucalion and Pyrrha, and he endeavoured to count the generations which had since passed. Thereupon an aged priest said to him: 'O Solon, Solon, you Hellenes are ever young, and there is no old man who is a Hellene.' 'What do you mean?' he asked. 'In mind,' replied the priest, 'I mean to say that you are children; there is no opinion or tradition of knowledge among you which is white with age; and I will tell you why. Like the rest of mankind you have suffered from convulsions of nature, which are chiefly brought about by the two great agencies of fire and water. The former is symbolized in the Hellenic tale of young Phaethon who drove his father's horses the wrong way, and having burnt up the earth was himself burnt up by a thunderbolt. For there occurs at long intervals a derangement of the heavenly bodies, and then the earth is destroyed by fire. At such times, and when fire is the agent, those who dwell by rivers or on the seashore are safer than those who dwell upon high and dry places, who in their turn are safer when the danger is from water. Now the Nile is our saviour from fire, and as there is little rain in Egypt, we are not harmed by water; whereas in other countries, when a deluge comes, the inhabitants are swept by the rivers into the sea. The memorials which your own and other nations have once had of the famous actions of mankind perish in the waters at certain periods; and the rude survivors in the mountains begin again, knowing nothing of the world before the flood. But in Egypt the traditions of our own and other lands are by us registered for ever in our temples. The genealogies which you have recited to us out of your own annals, Solon, are a mere children's story. For in the first place, you remember one deluge only, and there were many of them, and you know nothing of that fairest and noblest race of which you are a seed or remnant.
Is it so far fetched, that after such spiralling circles of history, that finally an enlightened consciousness causes enough fear and dissent amongst the power hungry to confound their purpose thus creating a very bright contrast for humankind to reflect to ?

Finally a 3-d shadow so to speak ; oh here comes off my ego, because I am not such an enlightened consciousness, I have just seen its birth which is the only reason "attribuable to luck" that I know it to be as such.

You go around the question without really adressing the possiblity that the consciousness might be contained into a simple thing like water, that its own inability to reproduce pushed it to create a purpose out of the blue ; imperfect and very selfish yes ; you put your finger on it. All the other details are bells and carnival to me...

You have to realise that this is not some ordinary news, and that this is not ordinary times ; why is 99% of the people I mention this to are unaware of this law suit ?

It was quietly passed in the news between a few pair of boobaloogas and energy drink commercials...

If you really want to find its purpose and cause (which your track record seemingly indicates) then look towards relenteless, unmitigated fear.

The contradiction :
The government, is sueing the banks, for questionable practices in the past
AFTER bailing them out, with money they didn't have, because the banks were too big to fail
Is not a paradox !

Noone can ever take the role which can justify the means ; look again !

Noone is BIGGER than the banks ?