• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few newbie quesitons...

H

huskiblu

I have played off and on in the past 5-6 years. Well I came back with KR, and found myself enjoying the game with the nicer graphics, but I am still a newbie when it comes to the game mechanics...

Luck: When casting blade spirits or energy vortex, is the luck applied when those things kill the monster? And what does luck affect and how much luck do you need to make a difference?

Template: I am playing a mage, with Magery, Eval Int, Med, Inscription, Focus (easy to GM, one I plan to take down as I use power scroll), Hiding, and Fishing. But I hate how fishing nets look in a house, so I was going to replace Fishing and Hiding probably. I just don't know what else to pick. I know I can pick Resist Spells, but what else?

Paragon Rares: I have been looking for gold bricks, but no one seems to be selling them on Pacific, and paragons seem to difficult to fight to try to get them myself.

Gold: How is the best way for a mage to earn gold? I have been fighting harpies in Ilshanar for gold and stuff to sell...and I can't fight the Tuski Wolf's solo yet to make it worth wild. I helped do a champion spawn the other day and got about 40k out of that. But how do I earn more?

Thanks ahead of time.

C

Cat Crimson

As far as I am aware, luck is not affected by having a summoned creature or pet take down a critter for you, its affected by the items you are wearing. As to the specifics, I have no clue but I am sure someone with more fingers, toes and abacuses than me will be along shortly to blind us with percentages and whatnot.

try soulstoning the Fishing and Hiding, you never know, you may want to have a character with those on again in the future and they are a pain in the gluteus maximii to raise.

Paragons - you don't have to kill high level creatures. You can get paragons of many weaker beings including shadow wisps, bears, deer etc etc. Paragon earth elementals are not all that hard to kill but that area is often camped by arty hungry warriors. Alternately, keep on looking for gold bricks or maybe post on your shard forum.

Gold - ummm what is your skill levels ? if you post em will give us a clue as to what you can handle

H

huskiblu

Ok, so if I have a blade spirit kill a whatever, the items on the creature are affected by my luck? I had once heard if a pet (tamer or mage pet) killed something, the users luck wouldn't be calculated.

Ok, here goes with skills:

Inscription - 50%
Eval Int - 80.3%
Magery - 68.2%
Fishing 48.4% (which is why I can give it up if I want)
Hiding - 51.4%
Meditation - 97.9% (Have a scroll to bump it up to 115%)
Focus - 100%

Thanks a bunch!

<blockquote><hr>

As far as I am aware, luck is not affected by having a summoned creature or pet take down a critter for you, its affected by the items you are wearing. As to the specifics, I have no clue but I am sure someone with more fingers, toes and abacuses than me will be along shortly to blind us with percentages and whatnot.

try soulstoning the Fishing and Hiding, you never know, you may want to have a character with those on again in the future and they are a pain in the gluteus maximii to raise.

Paragons - you don't have to kill high level creatures. You can get paragons of many weaker beings including shadow wisps, bears, deer etc etc. Paragon earth elementals are not all that hard to kill but that area is often camped by arty hungry warriors. Alternately, keep on looking for gold bricks or maybe post on your shard forum.

Gold - ummm what is your skill levels ? if you post em will give us a clue as to what you can handle

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_athos_uo

<blockquote><hr>

Ok, so if I have a blade spirit kill a whatever, the items on the creature are affected by my luck? I had once heard if a pet (tamer or mage pet) killed something, the users luck wouldn't be calculated.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. Cf. Item Properties: Luck
<blockquote><hr>

How does luck work with Bards and Tamers?

Pets, summoned creatures, and provoked creatures act as sort of an extension of the player. So, even though the Bard or Tamer is not doing direct damage, their luck is still factored in when the monster generates its loot pack upon death, as long as the majority of the damage was dealt by the provoked or tamed creature.

[/ QUOTE ]
Playguides in these days are relatively more accurate than before.