• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] A few Mastery questions

L

lancelot99

Hi, i'm an old new player (returning vet) and last time i used discord was point-discord kill ...

Now, found there are masteries and unsure how to use ..

Im at 106.5 Discord so still training up :)

1. if you use a slayer weapon, the effects are 3x as effective?
What about exeptional instruments? any bonus?

2. for hunting non magic creatures like swoop, better to use Despair? and Tribulation for Magic creatures? or Despair for all creatures?

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hi, i'm an old new player (returning vet) and last time i used discord was point-discord kill ...
Hail and well met fellow veterinarian,

it's always comforting to know that more care givers come back and help animals in need.

Now, found there are masteries and unsure how to use ..

Im at 106.5 Discord so still training up :)
Train up to 120. You can use the masteries to go there to make it a bit easier.

1. if you use a slayer weapon, the effects are 3x as effective?
No. Slayer weapons don't affect the bard masteries.
What about exeptional instruments? any bonus?
No. The virtuoso armor can give you a bonus for the masteries.
UO-Herald: Publish Notes said:
Virtuoso’s Gear: these items improve a bard’s Mastery Bonus
2. for hunting non magic creatures like swoop, better to use Despair? and Tribulation for Magic creatures? or Despair for all creatures?
Try for yourself I found different results on different monster. But I think it is more about resistances. Take caution, there are some changes coming along with the newly anounced publish 73. In any case publish 73 does not sound like a nerf to the masteries so if you train Discordance now you won't lose in the long run.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slayer Instrumens provide the slayer bonus. Not slayer weapons.

(Although if you were running tribulation with a slayer instrument and hitting with a slayer you could be doing quite a bit of damage.)

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Slayer Instrumens provide the slayer bonus. Not slayer weapons.

(Although if you were running tribulation with a slayer instrument and hitting with a slayer you could be doing quite a bit of damage.)
Logrus, that's kind of cute how you point out the happy side about bard masteries and slayer weapons! :cheerleader:

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its fun trivia, I do like that someone finally tried tribulation with navery and pillars :)

L

lancelot99

Thanks for the replies...

Yeah, im working on raising disc to 120 (tamer/bard) so usually Disc then use masteries on target ... :)

The virtuoso armour looks great, just need to build up my turn-in points to afford it...

Maybe hunt poison ellies for t-maps to turn in

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Train up to 120. You can use the masteries to go there to make it a bit easier.

How exactly do you do that?

I just got the disco mastery quest done, running around "despairing" etc different targets... no gains.

Any suggestions?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your gonna train with the masteries its about the same gain speed as training using disco on critters...... which means its slow.

but if your gonna do it (cause it saves you getting a boat load of pets) then stone off skills so you can get med and focus on your guy.
then get a 40 LMC suit with as much MR as you can get onto it.

then just cast the spells on yourself and then toggle them off.
just keep doing that.
over.... and over.... and over... in about 3 days you'll be 120.

R

Remy Blacktoe

After a couple raids in Shame I have accumulated a ton of mana regeneration and LMC items perfect for training Discordance with the mastery. The 9 mana regeneration staff alone is awesome even though I can't med through it! So consider that if you're just a bardling and don't have the means to get a bunch of expensive gear, like myself.