• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few basic questions

• Thread starter goldandblack
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

goldandblack

Hi there i have a few basic questions about WOW,can and how do i repair items,is there a limit to what you can carry and if so is there a mode of storage like a bank etc,and is it possible to "give" yourself items in game like from one chr to another on the same account, i did try to drop a test item for my other chr to pick up but was only given the option of did i want to destroy the item, i couldnt leave it on the ground.I ask this because im planning on making crafters and was wondering if i can make items for my other chrs but this doesnt seem possible.

B

Bara

You repair items at pretty much any npc weapon or armor vendor. As far as transfering items, it's so very simple; all you have to do is find a mailbox and mail it to your other character. Mailboxes can be found at every major city and in many of the lesser towns.

Just a side note but, the crafting system in wow is generally much more secondary than it is in some other games. You can make some items on other characters to support your main character, but you generally only gain access to usefull items at very high levels, and even then, your options are very limited by spec and class. I would suggest researching crafting on wowwiki.

M

mecantile

If you go to WoW's main website you will see general game info in the left sidebar. It is full of useful information to those who are just starting the game.

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go to WoW's main website you will see general game info in the left sidebar. It is full of useful information to those who are just starting the game.
All those links in the left sidebar of the WoW site, are also in the WoWXbar... where you have all your favorite WoW links & searches handy at all times. :)

L

Lord Abernathy

i did try to drop a test item for my other chr to pick up but was only given the option of did i want to destroy the item, i couldnt leave it on the ground.
Yeah, this isn't UO where you can just put stuff on the floor for yourself or other to pickup....mailbox is the way to go. If you're mailing stuff from chars of the same account, it's instant. However, if you're mailing stuff to a char on a different account, it usually takes some time (30 min or longer I think).

also, note that there are soulbound items (things only your char can use once you pick it up) which you cannot transfer from one char to another. However, there are now certain items/gears that are bound to your account which you can transfer between chars of the same account.

as for additional space, you have personal bag spaces, personal bank spaces, and if you're in a guild, you can have guild bank spaces (provided that you have access). you can also buy (or make yourself if you're a tailor) bigger bags to put your stuff in.