• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few basic questions about the Cove invasion

• Thread starter Prince Caspian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
P

Prince Caspian

1. What loot is available, besides the vanguard cloak and the dread steeds for the tamers?

2. Do the other monsters offer any loot of note?

3. It took 3 hours for the next wave to appear on Sonoma. Is this typical? Do we have another Maginica lethargic gate invasion here?

4. Anyone able to hurt the restless souls?

5. Do the Vanguard Cloaks do anything in particular? Just another Cloak of Corruption?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. What loot is available, besides the vanguard cloak and the dread steeds for the tamers?

3. It took 3 hours for the next wave to appear on Sonoma. Is this typical? Do we have another Maginica lethargic gate invasion here?

5. Do the Vanguard Cloaks do anything in particular? Just another Cloak of Corruption?
I have yet to see a Vanguard Cloak. We sure that isn't a rumor?

The Vanguard carries a Sword and a Shield that's sometimes lootable. The Obsidian Blade, and the Chaos Shield. They both have respectable but not great stats, and are a very dark color.

Their use, beyond being semi-cool collectibles, is not yet known.

-Galen's player

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They're bugged. You need to pull them out of the guardzone to kill them (the docks work).

L

Lariat

Also, the Dark Wisps here are dropping the Threads of Life/Fate.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They're bugged. You need to pull them out of the guardzone to kill them (the docks work).
Are you sure it's a bug?

And on loot: the same guys that have the silly horse also have a silly chaos shield with 10% DCI, 10% reflect physical and a boat load of physical resist. And you can enhance them for more resists. They also have a sword which I don't think is anything special.

S

SilentFoxXy

I have yet to see a Vanguard Cloak. We sure that isn't a rumor? The Vanguard carries a Sword and a Shield that's sometimes lootable. The Obsidian Blade, and the Chaos Shield. They both have respectable but not great stats, and are a very dark color./QUOTE]

The Vanguards themselves actually wear the Cloak Of Shadows- Elves Only. As yet I have not seen one fall as either loot, or (as with Corruption) to the top 3 damagers. I have not seen ANYONE with a Cloak of Shadow s- yet....;)

Black Rock and Armaguedon DOES NOT have any effect

The Shields ARE enhanceable, indeed I have enhaced 3 now with Dull copper, and have added between 5-10 extra resists and Lower requriements.

I have yet to attempt anything higher than Dull Copper, but, will do so at some stage (Basically every 2 Im getting as loot Im enhancing 1) Again, Spell Chanelling would make a super addition ....

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The spawn occurs at midnight in the UO day, you can find this out by carrying a wrist watch or hioliday time piece. (At least thats the timer on Atlantic) Oh and it's on both facets.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try leaving trammel and going to Fel. You can kill the restless souls there.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
Excellent observation and thanks for sharing! :)

I brought a wrist watch to Cove, and the spawn came exactly at midnight! -UO time. :D

1 UO day = 2 Earth hours.

L

Lord Kynd

answers:
#1 wishfull thinking on the cloaks
#2 haven't noticed anything yet
#3 seems like one hour atlantic, not sure where people are getting 2 hours.
#4 yes, never had a issue killing them yet,die with arrows fairly fast. some people must be bugged?
#5 refer to #1

T

T_Amon_from_work

Anyone checked Del and Nu'jelm? Some of the notes I saw about this was that the 3 places were targeted on Origin ...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I have been checking both places a couple times a day and nodda so far

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Del, Cove & Nu'jlem were on the notes. Origin also had it spawning in Serps hold.

On other shards I've only seen it in Cove so far.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Staged perhaps? If Cove is contained to a certain extent the others don't go off?