• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A farewell

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be taking a leave of absence for awhile I have much to think about and some things I must tend to. I will be on every now and then to say hello. I will still have my icq up for those that do not have my icq 270834689 , I hope you all stay safe and happy.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'tis a sad day when a member of the community takes leave. I hope you find what you are looking for and possibly venture back to us someday.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you good fortune on your time away and hope you're new adventures are as exciting as your UO days :) We will have a candle lit in the window at nights to guide you on you're return :)

C

CatLord

Thank you for the wonderful breakfasts and the great storytelling.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're leaving? But you just got here...
Was it something Podolak said? Because if it is we can hold him down and take turns flogging him with a large fish.

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was nothing anyone said or did. I just find that somethings in my life need to be fixed and my kids come first. I found myself wrapping my self around certain people and that is unhealthy and something that i need to take a look at on to why it is occuring. I enjoy running the tavern and I love the people well most of them any way

C

CatLord

Shesh... I'll stay outside!

Hey Claudia... our fun comes from our core... not from the people around us.
Heck if I was to depend on others to have fun and enjoy uo...

We pick the people we want to play with and against... interact and ignore.

You even have that feature in the game mechanics...

I agree RL comes first (well, debatable) but sometimes UO can be a nice personal challenge.

Hum... and you have lycanthropy to worry about... cant just leave and wonder into rl with that thing on your shoulders...

Claudia1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*scratches behind the meers ears* you are one of my favorites dear!

And yes lycan *sighs* and your right about not allowing others that what i am reflecting on . Its a harsh lesson to find out who and who is not your friend!

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that you are leaving. Maybe one day you are able to return. Enjoy life, and be safe.

C

CatLord

*scratches behind the meers ears* you are one of my favorites dear!

And yes lycan *sighs* and your right about not allowing others that what i am reflecting on . Its a harsh lesson to find out who and who is not your friend!

Here is a tip... say you have 12 million spring cleaning points and wait.
Works like a charm.

About finding out who is your friend and who isnt... I have seen alot in UO.

I saw friends that played together for five years argue about a woman or guild politics and each follow his own path.
I saw rping guilds trusting the judgement of a few betrayers, going into war versus some felucca guilds and losing all their crafted weapons (before insurance).
I saw manipulative players trying to climb in the power structure of their guilds and stepping on everyone else.

I am lucky enough to say I have a few friends in this game.
People that went to Drachs when the wind took me there.
Then moved to Sonoma because I went there.
Meanwhile playing on Catskills and sharing our playstyle with everyone.
Trust before profit... friendship before items.

Don't confuse them with followers... because we walk side by side.

I hope you find a few which paths will cross yours... making you enjoy your time in uo.

:grouphug: