• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A [DVI] Announcement!

D

DVI

The future of Rares Trading is coming....

With the many changes to the rares community over the past year, especially the vast influx of new Event items and the changes in the UO economy, its become necessary to find a more efficient and cheaper way to make these items available to collectors.

In the next 1-2 months we will be opening trading hubs on several specific shards representing the East Coast, Central Region & West Coast. The houses will feature several amenities:

Free short term & long term vendor rental.
Weekly Scheduled transfers to other trading hubs for a minimal price
Trusted brokering services
Plus much more!

Through the use of our hub you will be able to quickly find the items you are looking for in one of several locations! Plus with our scheduled transfer service you'll be able to have goods transfered to you, or for you to any other hub location at a fraction of the cost of doing it on your own. In addition we will have brokers available to help you with any trades or sales to ensure you're safety while dealing with other players.

I'm sure many of you will have questions, if so do not hesitate to forward them to me via pm or icq.

Also, due to the recent issues of security in the Rares Community I would like to assure everyone that as I have done in the past, this project will be run by me and only close friends whom I would trust with my own account will be involved in any manner. In addition as of right now I will be the one performing the trade broker services to prevent there being any question of safety. Again though, got questions? Let me know!

More information will be coming soon!

S

shulginist

Re: A Dream Ventures International Annoucement [DVI]

Sounds awesome. I am definitely looking forward to this.

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It sounds interesting. I am looking forward to learning more about it.

I do have a concern though. What if you decide to take a break from UO again?

I've been meaning to stop and tell you "thank you" for starting the rares fests in the first place. I think it was a great idea and the festivals have brought a lot of enjoyment to many rares collectors.

BlissMarie

D

DVI

It sounds interesting. I am looking forward to learning more about it.

I do have a concern though. What if you decide to take a break from UO again?

I've been meaning to stop and tell you "thank you" for starting the rares fests in the first place. I think it was a great idea and the festivals have brought a lot of enjoyment to many rares collectors.

BlissMarie
First off my pleasure, Its been exciting over the past several years to see the way its taken off and turned into something much larger than what I had ever imagined.

Second, thats a very valid concern. If I do decide to take a break or quit UO again I would leave this project in the hands of someone I trust to treat it with the care and respect it deserves and I know will treat the other players who use the service with respect and loyalty.

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Vey Nice, I Like! (Borat?)

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As we have discussed, I think this is a great idea. Brings an all new excitement into something we all love about this game, and that is collecting and couldn't come at a better time. Lift the dark cloud as of late and on with the new! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The x-shard feature sounds great, being able to split the cost between a few people well your item is in trusted hands sounds very nice.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First off my pleasure, Its been exciting over the past several years to see the way its taken off and turned into something much larger than what I had ever imagined.

Second, thats a very valid concern. If I do decide to take a break or quit UO again I would leave this project in the hands of someone I trust to treat it with the care and respect it deserves and I know will treat the other players who use the service with respect and loyalty.
If you leave, I don't want to be in charge of it because I am lazy.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great idea

Also, due to the recent issues of security in the Rares Community I would like to assure everyone that as I have done in the past, this project will be run by me and only close friends whom I would trust with my own account will be involved in any manner. In addition as of right now I will be the one performing the trade broker services to prevent there being any question of safety. Again though, got questions? Let me know!
Question... who are your close friends on this project?

D

DVI

Nothing is set in stone yet, but the one individual who will be assisting me as of yet is Sup Soc of Atlantic, who will be on hand to broker any trades if needed. It would be your decision to use his services or my own, or an outside third party.

I do not plan to have any chests or containers co-owned or friend accessible unless it is for the specific person of transferring an item to someone. Also, all transfers, etc will be handed by myself personally so no items will be put into anyone elses hands.

D

DVI

If by Street, you're referring to Tomas Bryce, then no Tomas is not involved.

Tek

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will this service be available on all shards?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a few people like me are from Europe and play/played Europa, i have a castle there [my old museum] doing nothing just holding all the junk i'v collect over the last 9 years as my museum is on atlantic now since iv played there for the last 18 months.

If you'd like to turn it into another hub im happy for it to be the European vendor house as its just sat there doing nothing.

Thunderz

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know a few people like me are from Europe and play/played Europa, i have a castle there [my old museum] doing nothing just holding all the junk i'v collect over the last 9 years as my museum is on atlantic now since iv played there for the last 18 months.

If you'd like to turn it into another hub im happy for it to be the European vendor house as its just sat there doing nothing.

Thunderz

why is everyone from Europa awesome? it's been true since the birth of that server!

D

DVI

In the future we may expand to more shards than what has been planned.

As of now there will be one shard from the east coast, central region and west coast, and as of right now the planned shards are the largest and busiest. After the 3 American shards have been brought online we will begin the process of opening a European hub as well....so do not fear Europeans you're not going to be left out of this venture!

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd offer my help, given I was a broker for a while. however, I was a broker for tradespot... that kinda hurts my rep after the crap that went down there =(

A

AND3R

I fully support the idea of shared transit....
this kind of trading reminds me of the game we used to play on the computer in school...
Oregon Trail.
DVI is a pioneer!:thumbup1:

D

DVI

I fully support the idea of shared transit....
this kind of trading reminds me of the game we used to play on the computer in school...
Oregon Trail.
DVI is a pioneer!:thumbup1:
damn am I gonna get cholera and die....?

D

DVI

While I'm sure many will have deduced this already based off comments made I wanted to make it official.

Two of the three houses which will be used for this project have been acquired.

The first will be located on Atlantic, the second will be located on Pacific. Both houses are within sight of the Luna walls, and are within a few seconds walk of the city.

S

shulginist

If you choose great lakes there is an open spot out the east luna gates then up a little that is located along the main ring around the city.