• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A dream suit...

G

With doom arties now getting cheaper by the day, what is your dream suit? Yes, I do understand you work around your weapon but some things wont change much.

Just a boredom buster, thanks for your input!

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

With doom arties now getting cheaper by the day, what is your dream suit? Yes, I do understand you work around your weapon but some things wont change much.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm wearing it...

74/76/69/68/70
45 HCI
60 DCI
45 DI (85 with weapon)
71 stats (Str 20, HP 25, Dex 5, Stam 8, Int 7, Mana 6 - fights with 150 HP, 48 Mana, 158 Stam)
21 Reflect Phys
21 LMC
3 MR
4 HPR
4 FCR

Composite Bow:
Balanced
50 Hit Lightning
34 HLA
30 SSI
40 DI

Arties used: Spirit of the Totem, Crimson Cincture, Heart of the Lion, Fey Leggings (human)

IMO you can't get much better than this for a (relatively) pure archer (6x 120: Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Resist, Ninjitsu). Since I do solo PvP, I need Resist to prevent Para ganks and Ninjitsu to prevent Dismount ganks -- you'd be surprised how gankers can fall apart when they have no "auto-win" option to fall back on. I've found this template / equipment to be extremely effective.

B

Balian

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]I'm wearing it...

74/76/69/68/70
45 HCI
60 DCI
45 DI (85 with weapon)
71 stats (Str 20, HP 25, Dex 5, Stam 8, Int 7, Mana 6 - fights with 150 HP, 48 Mana, 158 Stam)
21 Reflect Phys
21 LMC
3 MR
4 HPR
4 FCR

Composite Bow:
Balanced
50 Hit Lightning
34 HLA
30 SSI
40 DI

Arties used: Spirit of the Totem, Crimson Cincture, Heart of the Lion, Fey Leggings (human)

IMO you can't get much better than this for a (relatively) pure archer (6x 120: Archery, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Resist, Ninjitsu). Since I do solo PvP, I need Resist to prevent Para ganks and Ninjitsu to prevent Dismount ganks -- you'd be surprised how gankers can fall apart when they have no "auto-win" option to fall back on. I've found this template / equipment to be extremely effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!!!

I am quite envious of your setup, It's sweeet!!!

What do you use for EP jewels?

Do you use shurikens? Or ninjitsu to escape dismounts only?

I only have 110 resist 110 tac and 90 anat

with the 40 points diff in anat/tac, does it really hit that much harder? In stratics its not really alot (imo it should be alot more for the dedication to attack precisely) it shows 3-5 di more with all 120's , so i suppose with 3-4 hits all in a row it could be possibly anywhere from 9-20 damage more which "would" make a difference. lol, i just figured it out by calculating and talking to myself lol.

For instance, on a well equipped mage with a DCI suit, can you solo them? and take them out in a 1st time around melee? or do you have to chase around a bit etc. if so, what strategy do you use on these mages or dexxers. i would think you would take out other archers no probs.

TY DA

D

Death Adder

<blockquote><hr>

What do you use for EP jewels?

[/ QUOTE ]I use a generic EP ring (okay, it has like 10 HCI on it) to pot up before entering battle, and am diligent about keeping them refreshed. If my pots go down in the middle of battle, I just switch out the ring and pot up... I can do this quite quickly, using UOA dress and potion-drinking macros.

<blockquote><hr>

Do you use shurikens? Or ninjitsu to escape dismounts only?

[/ QUOTE ]I use shurikens and darts non-stop... they are a HUGE advantage. I have a UOA macro that refills my belt/****iya as long as they are not completely empty, and I carry about a 100 of each (in insured 10-packs, of course).

<blockquote><hr>

I only have 110 resist 110 tac and 90 anat; with the 40 points diff in anat/tac, does it really hit that much harder? In stratics its not really alot (imo it should be alot more for the dedication to attack precisely) it shows 3-5 di more with all 120's , so i suppose with 3-4 hits all in a row it could be possibly anywhere from 9-20 damage more which "would" make a difference. lol, i just figured it out by calculating and talking to myself lol.

[/ QUOTE ]You only lose 26.25% DI with those 40 points, so the difference isn't that big... about 4 points on a Composite, or 1 point after armor. Still, it's a little bit, and it all adds up. You also get (slightly) stronger heals with the higher Anat, and since this char has only bandies and potions to heal, every little bit helps there, also.

<blockquote><hr>

For instance, on a well equipped mage with a DCI suit, can you solo them? and take them out in a 1st time around melee? or do you have to chase around a bit etc. if so, what strategy do you use on these mages or dexxers. i would think you would take out other archers no probs.

[/ QUOTE ]This char is designed to solo ganks... defeating a single opponent is almost automatic. This char has such strong defenses/healing that it's almost impossible for a single opponent to even scratch me. Such battles basically go as follows: upon beginning the battle, my opponent throws everything they have at me, which I readily absorb due to having 150 HP, maxed out resists, 60 DCI and 4-sec maxed-out enhanced bandages. Meanwhile, I'm blasting them every 1.75 seconds with my uber composite, which hits 70 resists for 17-21 damage per hit, assuming my 50 Hit Lightning doesn't go off. I also DP them right away, then sneak in an AI on my 2nd or 3rd shot (this is about 4-5 seconds into the battle)... so now they are below half-life and DPed. If they try to cure, I just keep interrupting with darts and arrows. If they try to run, I follow with my range 10 Moving Shots.

If they are Disarm-spammers, I kill them with repeated Moving Shots, aided by my very high DCI.

If they are Dismounters/Tamers, I just DP their mount/pets then go into Animal Form and cut them down.

If they are tricked out warrior types with insane DCI and Parry, I'll just settle in for a long fight until the RNG turns in my favor, maybe getting a little fancy by using my backup weapons to hit him with Concussion Blows and Mortal and stuff like that.

M

mrwarpig

One of my archers has a 65+ in all resist, hit chance 20, FC 3, FCR 3, MR 13 and dex is maxed. Mana and pally spells are never a problem.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I ran my archer...

I was always 70 physical and 60's +. I had made my self corpse skin resistant so my fire and poison were above 85.

I had as much mana regen as possible as well as 40 Lmc.
If I was useing my archer I'd run as much staminia increase as I could for the max swing speed on my composite or cross bow...

Artifacts:
Mace and Sheild Glasses
Rune Beetle Carapace
Totem of the Void
Sometimes used Fey Leggings

Rest were bared kit armor.... Mr2, Stam inc, Lmc, Mana Inc....

I had at least 8-10 Mana Regen on every suit i owned.
I tried to at least get up to 175-180 Stamina

I just sold my Ep Bracelet which was 20EP, 12 hci 12 dci 6 lmc 19 DI and i used a ring with Ep 25, 14 HCI, 8lmc, 20 DI and energy resist....

You want MAX hci and as much DCI as possible....

my bows always had HCI/HLD on them so with the HLD from the bow and glasses first to 2nd shot they were done for when there DCI dropped from the hit lower defense.....

It was great I also had a macer that i used Woodland Arms and Gloves with Mr, Lmc, and 5 HCI... with good resists still have those ill be selling soon...

Im pretty much am selling everything i have now on chesapeake it will be listed within the next few days.

I play siege perilous and i think the server rules! no insurance wahoo its more even pvp then ever before you dont need 200-300 mills in barbed armor, weapons and jewels, to be the best.... Check it out if you dont know about it!

If your interested in my stuff i'll be selling check the trade forums and tradespot cause it will be up soon lots of good stuff.

G

So for someone just coming back from about 6 years of being away.... I could pick up some Barbed Exceptional armor for my pure Warrior/Archer with Chiv and still med a little and have some better protection?