• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) **A Draft for Lord Blackthorn and his Council**

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am writing on behalf of the citizens of Safe Haven and other small towns throughout Britannia. Since the rebuilding of Magincia business in the small towns and villages has diminished. People are struggling, food and resources are becoming scarce. Though we are excited at the rebirth of the Humble City, we fear the taxes and laws in place have created an unforeseen side effect of great economic inequality. The rich are becoming richer while the poor are becoming more desperate.

People complain that there are too few shops in the small towns and the few there are, have little choice of product. If an item does not sell quickly, taxes will eat up the little profit. With few items in the stores, customers will choose to purchase in major cities.

As Mayor of Safe Haven, It is my responsibility to see to the well being of our citizens and so I implore the King and Council to lower taxes so that we may once again sell and trade goods. As of now the taxes are to high, and a simple merchant can not compete with the wealthy landlords of Luna, Magincia and Tokuno. Where is all our tax money going?? To the large cities to pay for thier roads, new docks and guards while we continue to suffer without the same conveniences YET are required to pay the same taxes.

Our proposal is to lower the taxes on vendor goods to 1% for a period of one year [month of May] as a test to determine if this will mitigate some of the economic stress and inequality we are suffering. It does not matter if this is applied to just the rural communities or Britannia as a whole, in either case it is our belief such a decree would level the economic field and spur growth in rural areas while driving prices down in the rich areas due to increased competition.

Should this year of relief prove to be beneficial to the land and its people we propose a vote to make the change permanent.

Sincerely, Freja, Mayor of Safe Haven

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
**A Letter to Freja, Mayor of Safe Haven**

I am writing a letter of support for your effort to make change on behalf of your town and its people. Though our lands lie outside of Britannia, we support your cause. As a sign of our support, I shall send my personal Ambassador to speak on behalf of our Kingdom in support of your proposal. Though lines divide up kingdoms, countries, cities and towns - the quest of Virtue has no borders, and it is always at the heart of what we do to help those in need.

Virtue Keep you and May Lord Blackthorn and his Council find wisdom in your words and the courage to act,

Lord Denin, Kingdom of Light

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
**A Letter to Lord Denin, Kingdom of Light**
Thanks for your support. I believe several cities and towns, in Britannia, Malas, Ter Mur and Tokuno do have same problem as Safe Haven. I will try to make it to next Council meeting and hope Lord Blackthorn will try to help us, so we again can see new shops well stocked with the wares people need.

I hope the Governors of Britannia and the community leaders will support this.

Freja, Mayor of Safe Haven

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The roads in and out of these small towns as well as the towns themselves are riddled with thieves and murderers. A traveler must run the risk of these marauders should we travel to these towns. As Mayor, what are your plans for safe passage?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You must live in a scandalous neighborhood indeed! I did not know the lands of Gilfane held so much danger for the unwary traveller. Have you thought of relocating to Safe Haven? Our township has an *active* community watch patrolling our roads. In any case, Julia and I fully support our mayor in this, even if it means grudgingly working with Agents of the Crown.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You must live in a scandalous neighborhood indeed! I did not know the lands of Gilfane held so much danger for the unwary traveller. Have you thought of relocating to Safe Haven? Our township has an *active* community watch patrolling our roads. In any case, Julia and I fully support our mayor in this, even if it means grudgingly working with Agents of the Crown.
Indeed, My brother the Sheriff of Vesper makes regular rounds through Safehaven. He takes a personal interest in these roads as he is a citizen of Safehaven.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As Silent Singer and Julie already said, we try to patrolling our roads and protect the shops. We do also have other ways of traveling than the roads via a magic teleport system, that will bring you direct to the town.
I do not see many shops if any in the City of Gilfane, why do your merchants traveling the long way to Zento and New Magincia to sell their wares. Would it not be nice to have the shops in the City.
I remember in old days, people was traveling from far away to do shopping in Safe Haven and I believe the roads was more dangerous at that time. If we can have lower taxes, I believe it again will be possible to run shops in the small towns, even when we never will get as many customers as the big Cities.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will shop with the vendor that has what I want with the best prices, regardless of where the vendor is. I think this holds true with most people.