• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A deed for A Blacksmith's Shop?

U

UOFree

Now I was thinking this might be a very very old house deed, but even tho its been in backpack and bank it didnt turn into a house placement tool.

Anyone that knows if this is an old house deed? I do not recall Blacksmith's Shop, I know the house with patio was considered a Blacksmith's shop many many years ago. But I would just like to know a little about this deed if anyone knows.

I have not tried double clicking it in fear of it would turn into a placement tool.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is an old house deed. There was a Blackmith shop that came with a forge built in if I remember correctly.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I recall the rules for house deeds are ...

... don't double click them.
... don't x-shard them.
... don't put it in your bank.
... don't log out or die with it in your backpack.

It needs to be locked down to not revert to a housing tool.

U

UOFree

As I recall the rules for house deeds are ...

... don't double click them.
... don't x-shard them.
... don't put it in your bank.
... don't log out or die with it in your backpack.

It needs to be locked down to not revert to a housing tool.
This deed has been xsharded, it has been in bank and it has been on char while logged out. Thats why I was wondering if it was something else than a house deed

T

Thiefy/Glorfiedel

on the free space surrounded by the fence is a big forge (not shown here).

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I remember myself when houses existed back around 1998 (Second Age), it was one of the types along with other specialty houses. It was phased out for the large house with patio style (seen in the picture provided by the previous poster). We didn't have all the house styles that we had back then and likewise those we had later didn't exist in the beginning. A small stone tower for example came later.

It is a very old house deed that was phased out a long time ago and as such may have been "missed" when they implemented the housing tool. I honestly wouldn't risk d-clicking it and be extremely grateful that it survived the cross-shard.

Gosh, I feel really old now.