• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event A Day Of Snow (Saturday 15th Dec)

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
When? Saturday 15th December, 12pm to 12am UK Time

It's a day of snow this Saturday! As some of you may have seen the Christmas Tree at Luna has gone up and what a mighty tree it is, Pop down there at any point on Saturday after 12pm UK Time to begin your Christmas mission. The mission will be available until midnight. There will be a moongate at the EM Hall in Britain to the tree.

Last edited:

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
12pm UK?
I always puzzled by 12h time format and 12am 12pm hours. Is it midnight?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
12pm UK?
I always puzzled by 12h time format and 12am 12pm hours. Is it midnight?
AM - ante meridiem - before noon, mid-day.
PM - post meridiem - post noon, mid-day

As noon is 12 o'clock (12:00), therefore everything after that would be PM. But why 12:00 itself? Well, as the microsecond after 12:00 is also post 12, from the human perspective as soon as it becomes 12, it's already past 12... so it's PM too. And like wise as soon as midnight comes, it's morning... until 11:599999999999999999... (add your own nines here) again.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we are talking after noon untill midnight here i presume...only the town criars dont seem to be saying that

Last edited:

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
11:50am...11:59am,12:00am,12:01am...12:59am,1:00pm,1:01pm... right?
Yes, pretty much that ;) Basically the 12 when the sun is up is AM, the 12 when it's dark is PM... but 1, 2, 3 o'clock after those are the opposite.

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now I am totally befuddled, but then, when am I not? Anyhow, I just pop in and see what happens.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so is it mid-day till midnight...suits all europeans

or midnight to mid-day.....suits our american cousins i guess

LOL.......oh well we will see soon

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.npl.co.uk/science-techno...aqs/is-midnight-12-a.m.-or-12-p.m.-(faq-time)

There are no standards established for the meaning of 12 a.m. and 12 p.m. It is often said that 12 a.m. Monday is midnight on Monday morning and 12 p.m. is mid-day. This puts all the times beginning with 12 and ending with a.m. in the same one-hour block, similarly with those ending with p.m. It can also be argued that by the time you have seen a clock showing 12:00 at mid-day it is already post meridiem, and similarly at midnight it is already ante meridiem. Times in the first hour of the day are sometimes given as, for example, 00:47 a.m., with 00:00 a.m. corresponding to midnight, but with a time twelve hours later given as 12:47 p.m.
I'm guessing that the EMs meant from 12:00 to 24:00 on the 15th... don't use am/pm where international and local standards of use all clash methinks :p

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The quest is now enabled! To start it head down to Luna Moongate, just opposite is a Christmas Tree, you'll be told what to do from there. The quest will be available for 12 hours.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice little quest - congratulations - just long enough and fun to do.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well not giving too much away if I say that this beaker is not silent - You can talk to it.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a cute little quest... but apart from the EMs having real lives, is there any reason the Snow Village couldn't stay over the holidays, and have a few more adventures before it all melts? There doesn't have to be rewards, but don't break a little boy's heart so quickly!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im just glad the EMs saw fit to leave it live for 4 days..i logged on yesterday but saturday was xmas shopping day .........and i saw the 4 day timers .....so ill wait till monday and i will have free time...awesome devs...will give everyone a chance to find time for it...

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I don't think a timer on the deco over rides the clearly announced timing on the boards and town criers. If you were Christmas shopping up to midnight I'm afraid you missed it.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
erm, I don't think a timer on the deco over rides the clearly announced timing on the boards and town criers. If you were Christmas shopping up to midnight I'm afraid you missed it.
so i see......just logged in and the rafts no longer work......oh well an opurtunity missed .....at least some of the important shopping got done!!!

..and no petra i dont do xmas shopping to miDNight...just till 4 0clock........then i work nights starting at 5 Oclock.........so no need to be a smart ass.....tut tut.....

hell im not gonna gonna lose any sleep over it.....have a sweet 24/7 UO xmas now....LOL

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Im just glad the EMs saw fit to leave it live for 4 days..i logged on yesterday but saturday was xmas shopping day .........and i saw the 4 day timers .....so ill wait till monday and i will have free time...awesome devs...will give everyone a chance to find time for it...
As Petra stated, i am afraid you missed it THP - it was written that the quest will be on for 12 hours and i just checked my rune to the place and the item you had to click there to get a gift (which was one per account btw) is gone...

Nice non-fighting quest btw - great job Adris!

EM Adris

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Glad you all enjoyed the event, was fun to put together as well as building the North Pole. :D

And THP, I am very sorry you mistook the deco timers for the event timer, Those are just to save us cleaning things up, they just poof instead.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad you all enjoyed the event, was fun to put together as well as building the North Pole. :D

And THP, I am very sorry you mistook the deco timers for the event timer, Those are just to save us cleaning things up, they just poof instead.
Thats fair enough but why not use 12 hour timers??? not to worry....not fussed about the trinket would have been nice to sail up the rafts to the north pole .and see thats all........maybe next year

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats fair enough but why not use 12 hour timers??? not to worry....not fussed about the trinket would have been nice to sail up the rafts to the north pole .and see thats all........maybe next year
But you still can... it's there for another 2 days. I'm fishing by the raft right now...and just caught a 56 stone Autumn Fish there!

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry Adol missed ya post and ya boat ride.............