• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A creeping darkness overtakes the lands...

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Let there be DARK2.jpg

This began a few hours ago, plunged into darkness where I stand, despite the Night Sight on the cape.
I know this has happened when crossing server lines/in certain dungeon areas, though to be standing in Trammel and have it happen for no apparent reason is new. I was literally just looking at vendor items at the time. Re equipping the robes is a cure, albeit temporary. (Happened twice as I stood there at same location.)
Admittedly, when you've not seen the night skies in some time; they sure are pretty!
;)
Keep your torches handy, good folks!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually this happens if you have 2 nightsight items on..... or if you are an elf and you wear something with Nightsight on it.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I do, yes, as I always have. Whether I want to or not (p'haps we should be able to remove a NS?)... The plunge into the abyss is new, however.

My NS items have remained the same. Nothing on my character has changed. As embarrassing as this is to admit? I've not changed my clothes, not so much as my underwear, for weeks...nay, months!

For what it's worth, prior to a few hours ago, I'd only experienced this after having traveled, or having crossed a server line. Often it occurs during certain dungeon crawls. In this case, it happened a few times whilst I was standing still at the exact same location. Similar to the 'feluccan music' that just happens sporadically. I thought perhaps a new 'evening' may have been introduced as the first time it happened here, a clock chimed midnight. Then, it happened again not long after (despite not moving). It's puzzling, and entirely new, to me at least.

Cheers!

P.S. My character is human.
(Edited to add punctuation and post script.)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
My character would say "Rivvin have such weak eyes." As he's never had the issue.

I've rarely had it on an elf but it does happen from time to time. Happens more on my Gargoyle than anything.