• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A couples things id like to see in 2016

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. A way to block certain users from posting in my threads, seeing my threads, or messaging me.

2. An Auction timer. Even if it was just a bit of code that stole a html timer from a website... it just needs to be a count down so no one is every confused with time zones again.

3. Stratics doing in game events with the staff. @Zuckuss already does a lot of harrys on certain shards, id like it to correspond with stratics. There are so many in game players that dont know about stratics or do and dont use it.

4. Stratics merch... Take those t shirts and run with them. If you need help with this I can set up a merch store no problem. I can teach you what companies to order from and how to not kill yourself with overstocking but keeping your cost way down.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. A way to block certain users from posting in my threads, seeing my threads, or messaging me.

2. An Auction timer. Even if it was just a bit of code that stole a html timer from a website... it just needs to be a count down so no one is every confused with time zones again.

3. Stratics doing in game events with the staff. @Zuckuss already does a lot of harrys on certain shards, id like it to correspond with stratics. There are so many in game players that dont know about stratics or do and dont use it.

4. Stratics merch... Take those t shirts and run with them. If you need help with this I can set up a merch store no problem. I can teach you what companies to order from and how to not kill yourself with overstocking but keeping your cost way down.
i'm leery of suggestion #1. it would need to be carefully thought out otherwise it gives moderator-like control to users. a big problem with this is it may not solve anything. if i am blocked, what's to prevent me from setting up an alternate account to resume my trolling?

great suggestions though!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i'm leery of suggestion #1. it would need to be carefully thought out otherwise it gives moderator-like control to users. a big problem with this is it may not solve anything. if i am blocked, what's to prevent me from setting up an alternate account to resume my trolling?

great suggestions though!
at that point an admin would have to come in and wave around the ban stick for using multiple accounts. For me, i would preemptively ban about 15 people from any of my threads. I get what you are saying for sure, but its my thread and i believe i should be able to control it to an extent. Furthermore id argue it takes a lot of work load off of the moderators.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
at that point an admin would have to come in and wave around the ban stick for using multiple accounts. For me, i would preemptively ban about 15 people from any of my threads. I get what you are saying for sure, but its my thread and i believe i should be able to control it to an extent. Furthermore id argue it takes a lot of work load off of the moderators.
You know we actually looked at a plugin that would do very much like what you are talking about in #1 in the past, problem is we could see it actually creating more work for the moderators, mainly because everything we found applied globally regardless of if you created the thread or not. There were a couple of issues, for example in the Trade Boards if you and someone else you've blocked are bidding on the same item, how do you know if either of you would have the high bid? In a thread where people are actually discussing something civilly, if one of the major participants is someone you're blocking, the entire thread becomes out of context. In both these cases people are going to report posts or threads with complaints.

There is the ignore feature that's already built into Xenforo, it only works 1 way though allowing you to not see what someone you've ignored is posting.

A proper auction plugin is what I'd like to see.
Yep I agree, the Classifieds system we have in, is still in development, but it isn't quite there for our needs yet. Once it gets to the point it is practical for our use of it, the hard part will be getting it adopted by the entire community.

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You know we actually looked at a plugin that would do very much like what you are talking about in #1 in the past, problem is we could see it actually creating more work for the moderators, mainly because everything we found applied globally regardless of if you created the thread or not. There were a couple of issues, for example in the Trade Boards if you and someone else you've blocked are bidding on the same item, how do you know if either of you would have the high bid? In a thread where people are actually discussing something civilly, if one of the major participants is someone you're blocking, the entire thread becomes out of context. In both these cases people are going to report posts or threads with complaints.

There is the ignore feature that's already built into Xenforo, it only works 1 way though allowing you to not see what someone you've ignored is posting.

Yep I agree, the Classifieds system we have in, is still in development, but it isn't quite there for our needs yet. Once it gets to the point it is practical for our use of it, the hard part will be getting it adopted by the entire community.

yeah definitely wouldnt want it to be global... the ignore option works somewhat well until i bid in someone else auction and the person i have ignored is bidding in it as well. Again global being the problem there.

as far as the auctions go, a timer would be a huge step in the right direction until the classified system gets worked out.

Thanks for taking the time @Nexus