• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fencing] A Couple Sampire Questions...

• Thread starter Artimesea Solari
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Artimesea Solari

I decided to go with Fencing for my Sampire Build. Here is the Proposed Template:
Elf
115 STR
125 DEX
10 INT

120 Fencing
120 Bushido
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Necro
100 Anatomy
60 Chivy

I am on day 5 of training and came across a very nice war fork::
HLL 40%
Hit Lightning 46%
HML 45%
HSL 44%
DI 40%
As you can see it has no SSI but I will be close to 180 Stamina when I complete the suit.

So my questions are:
With the added HLL will a fork be fast enough to do DH solo ad such?

I like using forks for the special moves, never been much into swords. Is fencing such a bad thing for a Sampire?

I was thinking about splitting Anatomy for an Anatomy/Healing combo. Would a 50/50 split be worth it? Or any Combination? I know bandaids are really slow at that low of a level. Would it even be worth bothering with with the chivy spells available?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With fencing your best weapon is going to be a leafblade in terms of DPS. The downside of fencing is there isn't a really good whirlwind weapon. The tessen (I think its the tessen?) is OK but base dmg is really low.

S

Stupid Miner

With fencing your best weapon is going to be a leafblade in terms of DPS. The downside of fencing is there isn't a really good whirlwind weapon. The tessen (I think its the tessen?) is OK but base dmg is really low.
You're thinking Kama
(Darkened Sky ToT can be imbued to a nice WW weapon)

Tessen are the macing Fans

A

Artimesea Solari

How important is Whirl Wind? I keep seeing that Doom it is both good and bad. I plan to do Dread Horn primarily. I guess I could see WW as good for spawning but I have other characters for that.

Assassin Spike 26.4
War Fork 25
Is 1.4 DPS difference that big of a deal especially since the fork has HLL on it too? Won't I get Leech from both the 40% and the Vamp Form or does that not stack? And the delay difference is only .25 seconds. 1.25 vrs 1.5

Think I am going to leave out bandages and just rely on pots and chivy for that. Seems like the added damage from anatomy is better than the small amount of cure/heal from healing.

I realize this is a delicate balance and small changes in template or suit or weapon can mean big outcomes but how big of an outcome is what my questions center around.

The main reason I am building a Sampire is that it is getting increasingly tough to find players that want to do the same things that I want to do!

A

Artimesea Solari

You're thinking Kama
(Darkened Sky ToT can be imbued to a nice WW weapon)

Tessen are the macing Fans
One of the huge drawbacks to a 2 handed weapon is the inability to chug pots or at least I keep reading that. I guess a well skilled/suited character played very well might not need pots, but I am not yet skilled nor suited just yet!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
50/50 healing/anat would be useless. You'd heal more with the life leech from the extra damage from 100 anat.

S

Stupid Miner

How important is Whirl Wind? I keep seeing that Doom it is both good and bad. I plan to do Dread Horn primarily. I guess I could see WW as good for spawning but I have other characters for that.
Sampires put any other template to shame for champ spawns.
Seriously, Wither-spamming wraiths look like newbies.