• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A couple of things that irratate me

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the EC with Pinco's. I really love the way you can sort corpses, control shifting, looting a bunch and then control shifting again to see what corpses you have missed. However if I choose the option to show dynamic objects, it never operates as I expect. For example, if I drop an item on the ground, lets say a piece of armor. I wish that when I have dynamic objects selected that the armor tag would show. I wish the dynamic function would show all objects on the ground that can be picked up like reagents or honesty lost items.

The second thing that has me befuddled is that when I use the Pinco's patcher, the first time I run, I get extras that suddenly show up like the verbal response of the tiller on my boat, and the drip sound when a crab trap bobs. However if I close the client and restart using the UI patcher, those sounds do not occur, regardless of my sound settings. The only way I can get the sounds back is to start the game via Pinco patcher. Does anyone know what the heck causes this?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use the EC with Pinco's. I really love the way you can sort corpses, control shifting, looting a bunch and then control shifting again to see what corpses you have missed. However if I choose the option to show dynamic objects, it never operates as I expect. For example, if I drop an item on the ground, lets say a piece of armor. I wish that when I have dynamic objects selected that the armor tag would show. I wish the dynamic function would show all objects on the ground that can be picked up like reagents or honesty lost items.

The second thing that has me befuddled is that when I use the Pinco's patcher, the first time I run, I get extras that suddenly show up like the verbal response of the tiller on my boat, and the drip sound when a crab trap bobs. However if I close the client and restart using the UI patcher, those sounds do not occur, regardless of my sound settings. The only way I can get the sounds back is to start the game via Pinco patcher. Does anyone know what the heck causes this?
The object handle shows all the items unless you choose differently (or apply a filter)... perhaps you should read the guide

The sounds are not a problem, are a feature -.-
If you don't like that just disable it from the user settings ...
In order to use correctly all the UI features you should always start EC Playsound or the UI patcher instead of the client patcher or the client.exe file.

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The object handle shows all the items unless you choose differently (or apply a filter)... perhaps you should read the guide

The sounds are not a problem, are a feature -.-
If you don't like that just disable it from the user settings ...
In order to use correctly all the UI features you should always start EC Playsound or the UI patcher instead of the client patcher or the client.exe file.
You misunderstand me, I am sorry if I was not clear. I want the sounds, and get them if I start with the Pinco patcher. I was just pointing out that I do not get them with the uopatch start regardless of my playsound settings. Also, try walking around with dynamic objects selected. Certain dynamic objects do not show, and example being reagents and honesty lost items. My irritation is not with the mod, it is the client, or my ability to use it properly. I mean if I have all sound options turned on and I start the game with uopatcher, then the sounds should occur that are intended in the mod I am using. I was just pointing out that it is irritating that I log in with different patchers, I get different results.

I remember in the past walking through the forrest collecting reagents by control shifting to pull up the gumps, making it very easy to locate them. I cannot get the client or any mods I am using to do that anymore. For sure a reagent, is a dynamic object. It just does not generate a gump, at least for me regardless of the cnt/shift setting I select. Pinco, please do not feel that my post is a criticism of your mod. I use Pinco's all the time and am very grateful for all the hard work and excellent result you have achieved.

Last edited:

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You misunderstand me, I am sorry if I was not clear. I want the sounds, and get them if I start with the Pinco patcher. I was just pointing out that I do not get them with the uopatch start regardless of my playsound settings. Also, try walking around with dynamic objects selected. Certain dynamic objects do not show, and example being reagents and honesty lost items. My irritation is not with the mod, it is the client, or my ability to use it properly. I mean if I have all sound options turned on and I start the game with uopatcher, then the sounds should occur that are intended in the mod I am using. I was just pointing out that it is irritating that I log in with different patchers, I get different results.

I remember in the past walking through the forrest collecting reagents by control shifting to pull up the gumps, making it very easy to locate them. I cannot get the client or any mods I am using to do that anymore. For sure a reagent, is a dynamic object. It just does not generate a gump, at least for me regardless of the cnt/shift setting I select. Pinco, please do not feel that my post is a criticism of your mod. I use Pinco's all the time and am very grateful for all the hard work and excellent result you have achieved.
To hear the sounds you must start from the UI patcher, then you can press Start UO patcher and all will be fine :p

about the object handle, you can't keep pressed ctrl shift and hope to see everything, you must re-press them in order to see new items... also if you want to collect reagents, I suggest you to use the scavenger agent ;)

Last edited: