• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A compromise on the 'no more free green' for the free green addicts?

G

I'm sad that free green will be no more except in resident lots. Basically there's no reason to visit resident lots other than to have free green and mess around with interactions that you don't currently have, and such like that. I was thinking and wondering if there was SOME way that they could compromise on holidays, and just make needs decay a little slower...as much as 50% so that if a current green cycle lasts for 45 RL minutes during the half green weekend it would last for 90 minutes. It wouldn't be like not having to green was, but it would be a nice *break* and treat for those that really played more on free green weekends than any other time because of the low-hassle/stress of having to green so often and not being able to do what the really wanted to do for long. Thoughts?

G

Excellent idea! and honestly i cant see any reasons not to be able to do greenfree other then them just "not wanting to". ALL other aspects of the game are becoming esier to adjust and adjust on te fly w/o needing patching so i can't see why suddenly greenfree becomes sometjing entirely un-doable.

N

nobuttkisser

No free green means exactly that NO free green.... too many people slap their computers on AFK mode now, one main reason why I didn't play when those free greed came about. Maxis EA dev's whatever you want to call yourselves.. please DO NOT waiver from this make NO FREE GREEN exactly that NONE i'm out!!! geez

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

No free green means exactly that NO free green.... too many people slap their computers on AFK mode now, one main reason why I didn't play when those free greed came about. Maxis EA dev's whatever you want to call yourselves.. please DO NOT waiver from this make NO FREE GREEN exactly that NONE i'm out!!! geez

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Geez...
when its said like that!...
I still disagree with you!

I believe the reason for no free green is the potential to make too much money during that time, which eventually can be sold (one day we hope) back to EA for rl money...which would hurt EA.

HOWEVER...
for once (or maybe twice
lol), I agree with the original post...Why not slow it down a little? It wouldn't be free green, it would be...slow green or something. lol

1 vote for holiday slow green! lol

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The compromise would make it so that they could not override timeout indefinitely....they would at least have to come back and green their sim like normal, just not as regularly. That's why I thought the compromise might work, because it would all but eliminate those that abuse it by putting their sim as a host in a house for instance and then doing an 8-12 hour AFK session like some are known to do with the current free green. My suggestion would make that an impossibility or else they'd come back to a dead sim, albeit not as soon as it would normally have happened.

What I really wish is that they'd figure out a way to eliminate the ability to override the timeout. They know good and darned well how people are doing it. We can't spell it out here, but I'd be surprised if at least one of the devs or Pari wasn't PMed with the details. With the details they oughtta be able to figure out how to plug the loophole, especially since it's not a complicated process to override timeout....why would the fix be complex? If it is, I'm open to a dev explaining why it would be, but I just can't wrap my head around why it would be at this point in time.

I

imported_SimTripps

Have you guys ever skilled during a free green? If you go afk for too long, your sim will get majorly RED... and the only way to get a little green again is to dance a Batoosie or walk around a bit, which of course requires human intervention lol... And crafting? omg don't get me started - the free green is useless for crafting. The only benefit is your sim doesn't have to use the loo or view a mystic for fun, but that's it. Their energy, hunger, etc., is still depleted, so whether there's free green or no free green, it really makes no difference to me...

N

nobuttkisser

Please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the purpose of EA Land to create a new game, new graphics, new custom content, and placing everyone at the same level so each person can "interact" with each other to make whatever the "new" sim dollar will be...

By pushing for the same actions or activity as was and or is in TSO, the only thing will happen is creating a new boat with the "same" hole which means a new game destined for failue. what did my other post say don't repeat the problem fix it...

Yes you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine but IMO if I was developing a new game there would be no way that I would put elements to repeat the same actions or activities that brought down the first game. This thought isn't to deny a user the ability to skill its there to discourage the actions and activies of TSO otherwise, why bother putting EA Land up at all... again, I'm out and yes another geeeeeeezzzz

G

<blockquote><hr>

Have you guys ever skilled during a free green? If you go afk for too long, your sim will get majorly RED... and the only way to get a little green again is to dance a Batoosie or walk around a bit, which of course requires human intervention lol... And crafting? omg don't get me started - the free green is useless for crafting. The only benefit is your sim doesn't have to use the loo or view a mystic for fun, but that's it. Their energy, hunger, etc., is still depleted, so whether there's free green or no free green, it really makes no difference to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason, when I skilled logic during free green, that did not even happen, but any other skill and you're right it would.....but before they fixed it that way all skills did it, that's why they had to make it where free green wasn't truly free green. What I propose would actually be a variation of that, but would be alot better than saying *no free green*.

I'm surprised by the responses....I didn't think it'd be 100% positive, but I figured more people would be in favor of bringing SOME variation of free green back. Now holidays in-game will basically be just like any other day except for the objects, which sucks for those who are separated from their RL families and therefore dont have any way to celebrate IRL. Free green was always a big treat for those that got to play alot during holiday weekends, because of school vacations or whatever. I guess those that were so in favor of it have stopped playing, or stopped posting, or haven't posted yet though LOL.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes you are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine but IMO if I was developing a new game there would be no way that I would put elements to repeat the same actions or activities that brought down the first game. This thought isn't to deny a user the ability to skill its there to discourage the actions and activies of TSO otherwise, why bother putting EA Land up at all... again, I'm out and yes another geeeeeeezzzz

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry nbk, I disagree that free green or no free green had anything to do with the demise of the game. That was a combination of several different things, none of which I think had any thing to do with an event that happened approximately 15-20 days out of a 365 day year. Something done that little cannot bring down the game, even over a 5 year span....there were many more significant contributory factors. Like you said though, everybody's entitled to their opinion, but I hope when you think about it you will realize that that could have only played a very small part in it, if any at all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Excellent idea! and honestly i cant see any reasons not to be able to do greenfree other then them just "not wanting to". ALL other aspects of the game are becoming esier to adjust and adjust on te fly w/o needing patching so i can't see why suddenly greenfree becomes sometjing entirely un-doable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely - I propose that EA develop a little yellow pill (let's call it "Psychlobezanibol" (I love that word
). They can sell you the pill at any McDonald's kiosk for $10.00 (real money)(it will be deposited in your inventory).
When you are ready, you eat the pill and your motives zoom to the full level and remain there for x number of RL hours (I say 12, cuz how long can your bladder REALLY hold out???)
Of gorse, if they accept this suggestion, I expect full credit (and a box of pills
)

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I would like to believe that the drudgery of skilling will change in the future so that we won't even miss having free-green.