• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] A Coffin

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my first section of 'A Coffin' in a Trove map tonight. I didn't know those were even going to be available in chests.. Anyone else find any new items ? Would love to see what else is out there

Attachments

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is cool! I just got a bronze-colored sword that simply says Ancient Weapon (Weight: 1 Stone)

Ancient weapon.jpg

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This also appears to be the end of the 10-charge Skeleton Keys, unless someone knows different. These new Master Skeleton Keys are only good for one charge. Glad I'm an old, longtime hoarder.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
No, the 10-charge skeleton keys still exists, got one last night.

What you have is the single charge master skeleton. It, too, existed before, and it's much more rare. It allows you to unlock a chest without a fail, handy for those old L7 chests.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What you have is the single charge master skeleton. It, too, existed before, and it's much more rare. It allows you to unlock a chest without a fail, handy for those old L7 chests.
Ah, I didn't know that. I had never seen one before. Thanks for the info.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED

But you still have to have Lock Picking to use either the 10 charge key or the Master Skeleto key right?

I got 2 masters and 3 10 charge ones, One Skull Staff reddish color, and one Thieve's Bandana.

Exodus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the Skeleton keys would "stack" so they would hold more charges

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
But you still have to have Lock Picking to use either the 10 charge key or the Master Skeleto key right?
That's a good question; I've never tried. If it eliminates failure, I wonder if you can pick it with 0 skill? Or if you have to have some minimum skill first.

I wish the Skeleton keys would "stack" so they would hold more charges
They stack. Double click one, target another.

I just don't do it. I work them down to a single charge then turn it in for cleanup points. 10-charge and single charge are worth the same number of points.

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure about this patch but i used to stone off lockpicking and use the Master Skeleton key's on level 7 chests with zero lockpicking skill. That was before the patch
Always needed lockpicking with the 10 charge keys. They just gave fewer failed attempts.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
After getting a bunch of skeleton keys my first day digging (including 2 in one chest), I got 0 the second day, and got 3 master skeleton keys in a 4-map stretch on day 3 but NO regular skeleton keys.

Gotta love the streaking RNG....

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After getting a bunch of skeleton keys my first day digging (including 2 in one chest), I got 0 the second day, and got 3 master skeleton keys in a 4-map stretch on day 3 but NO regular skeleton keys.

Gotta love the streaking RNG....
Given that lockpicking no longer blows anything up, the skeletal master keys are basically a fancy 1 charge skeleton key now (not nearly as valuable as before). I'd much rather have the keys with 10 charges now

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Given that lockpicking no longer blows anything up, the skeletal master keys are basically a fancy 1 charge skeleton key now (not nearly as valuable as before). I'd much rather have the keys with 10 charges now
But you know what would be awesome? If they allow the Master Keys to unlock 100% no fail with NO LP skill on that encounter.