• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS A City, A Shed and a Mine?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Publish 79 finds its way onto UO Stratics in the form of​
If we've missed anything, please contact us and let us know. Comment on this post, send a private message on the forums to Petra Fyde or email [email protected]

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hm. The table displaying total veteran rewards has the first few years left justified and the last few years center justified! :p

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great work Petra, the Exodus guide in particular was very informative.

On a related subject (if you believe it is worthwhile to have), if the Despise guide could include some more detail on the monsters abilities I think it would be very helpful. After comming back from a short break I decided to try the new Despise (I really like most of it), but I was often presented with how players frequently misunderstood what differentiated the monsters. After a bit of research (and some help from another post on despise) I was able to figure out how the monsters function and it has really helped make the dungeon runs more efficient.

Phantom/Sileni - Bard - Discords the boss and wisp, but needs to be the main target. A must have if you wish to do the boss as quickly as possible and with less heal spam. *Thank you Winkler, Thunderz, Nyses*
Naba/Nymph - Mage - On a discorded target these can really lay the hurt on, my pick for best damage dealer at this time. These monsters can also poison the boss, often deadly poison.
Darkmane/Unicorn - Armor ignore - If you don't have a discorder this would be the top choice pet. Can get the biggest hits thanks to Armor Ignore.
Sagittari/Skeletrex - Archer - Fires arrows quite fast and for good damage, a popular tactic is to sit them on the ledge so healing is not an issue.
Hellion/Ursadane - Crushing blow - Average damage dealers, better on a discorded target, but Armor Ignore still wins out in the long run.
Echidnite/Divine guardian - Concussion blow - Average damage dealers, better on a not discorded target. Concussion Blow does 10 direct damage and halves the current mana of the target for 6 seconds.
Birling blades/Dendrite - Double strike - Unfortunately the weakest damage dealers at the moment, comes down to an issue with Double Strike itself being a weak special move. The fact that it often fails to hit being the biggest factor. You can read about this in my Weapon Special move review post. ;)
Prometheoid/Fairy - Healer - Don't have a ton of experience with these guys yet, but they will heal pets that are nearby for a significant amount of hit points.

The only text I would consider truly important would be how the Phatom/Sileni needs to be the main target. Regardless thank you a ton for all the effort you put into updating stratics.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just read the exodus walk through and thought it was a very helpful guide, thanks for the write up.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks so much for the Summoning of Exodus guide... You have gone into exquisite detail about how/what to such a degree that it makes me want to gather up a few people and actually go do one of these things..

Very well done, Petra, great job!

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the protocol for adding info to the monster guide (such as Exodus stats)? I often have a tamer during the fights and can easily Lore the creature, but am unsure how to get that info updated on Stratics, Thanks.

T

Tazar

What is the protocol for adding info to the monster guide (such as Exodus stats)? I often have a tamer during the fights and can easily Lore the creature, but am unsure how to get that info updated on Stratics, Thanks.
Submit it to Petra or myself via PM and we'll get it. :) A pic is also nice to have.

We like to get many different lore-samples since there is usually a range of skills/stats on each monster type.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend