• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Chef's Wishlist

G

With Valentines content and the gingerbread men I'm hoping they might even consider putting more content like that for other holidays and maybe some permanent changes/upgrades.

I've got some ideas for a wishlist. Please feel free to add yours and tell your other fellow chefs to post!

Stackable enchanted apples, grapes of wrath, and egg bombs. It would make it so much easier to transport!

Make Chocolatearing permanent!

Find a way for people to craft empty bowls for fruit bowls.

I like the idea of chef bods somewhat. Have the rewards be something like cooking utensils with special properties, food dyes, or a chefs hat? I can't see runic rolling pins for some reason though...

Add a brewmaster or vintner branch. Allow us to brew and bottle our own beverages. Use kegs we can manufacture, wheat we can collect, yeast, maybe even a still that we can make using tinkering. Put it into a bottle and we can inscribe them or have it labeled with our GM tag.
We still have the vines and such in Yew just going to waste!

Lemonaide or coffee added to the menu. Have the ingredients where we can buy them from farmers markets. Offer a small side effect to players that drink them. Similar to enchanted foods maybe?

G

I like chef bods, they can add some new food recipes that add buffs. Say food items that give maybe a 5 minute buff of +5 to a stat. Thats 3 food recipes right there, maybe a short term skill up food too. The foods wouldn't be as good a buff as potions, but last a little longer. just adding more variants for the existing "raw" foods would be nice too, like banana pie or chicken pot pie (no new graphic needed). Another bod reward could be a cake dying tool, so we could make more than just yellow cakes......

Rey~

G

" Well, one fun addition in the next publish will be cocoa trees, including appropriate seeds - this should go nicely with the coming additions to chocolatiering as well! (What, you thought we'd spoil everything at once?) "
Draconi said this...bless his little fire starying house

Just read this from the UOH chat..how awesome

G

about the cocoa trees

<blockquote><hr>

Brannoc - *kittykat* Will gardening every get any love, like new plants, resources, or even the fabled 5th generation?
* RicTheHippy firers a stealth arrow at Draconi *
* Draconi crawls out of the hedges, having been pwned by some ninjas for earlier, unrepeatable comments *
Draconi - Well, one fun addition in the next publish will be cocoa trees, including appropriate seeds - this should go nicely with the coming additions to chocolatiering as well! (What, you thought we'd spoil everything at once?)
* RicTheHippy chortles and slips into the shadows *

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe there's more content for suger and butter also!

Now about runic frying pans and rolling pins.

<blockquote><hr>

Sprite - *chitrani* Is there any hope Cooks will get tools that can be used as weapons ? I'd love to be able owhack a monster with my frying pan or rolling pin.
Jeremy_EAMythic - I want a 50% DI fire damage runic crafted frying pan!
Draconi - Okay. The idea of a Jeremy wielding a runic frying pan just...
Draconi - Yeah, no plans at present I'm afraid
Jeremy_EAMythic - *pouts*

[/ QUOTE ]

G

1) - I would like some more recipes for chefs maybe even some special ones like tailors and other crafters can get from the elven city. Ones that include the vegetables we can pick from the farmers gardens like pumpkins and lettuce and onions.

2) - Chef BoDs sounds fantastic.

3) - To decorate more foods or maybe be able to dye foods like cakes so they where iced in different colours.

I

imported_Fran Fury

I would love to have new recipes. And I would probably decorate more cakes if I could dye them. Either let us make different colored icing or even a new food dye tub. lol

I would be extremely happy with the ingredients if they stacked.

G

Make the chocolate ingredients stackable, able to have a gm mark, and able to be decorated!

Those few changes would be great and might even make it a bit more worthwhile.

I don't know if anyone else has been able to mark the chocolates but I haven't even though it says it was marked.

I

imported_Fran Fury

No, at the moment they cannot be marked (eventhough it says it is). There is however a fix coming for this as I believe it was an oversight.

G

Seem to be lots of oversights that really should have been caught, this one, and the super dragon hides/scales.

Rey~

M

Merhiney Granger

<blockquote><hr>

With Valentines content and the gingerbread men I'm hoping they might even consider putting more content like that for other holidays and maybe some permanent changes/upgrades.

I've got some ideas for a wishlist. Please feel free to add yours and tell your other fellow chefs to post!

Stackable enchanted apples, grapes of wrath, and egg bombs. It would make it so much easier to transport!

Make Chocolatearing permanent!

Find a way for people to craft empty bowls for fruit bowls.

I like the idea of chef bods somewhat. Have the rewards be something like cooking utensils with special properties, food dyes, or a chefs hat? I can't see runic rolling pins for some reason though...

Add a brewmaster or vintner branch. Allow us to brew and bottle our own beverages. Use kegs we can manufacture, wheat we can collect, yeast, maybe even a still that we can make using tinkering. Put it into a bottle and we can inscribe them or have it labeled with our GM tag.
We still have the vines and such in Yew just going to waste!

Lemonaide or coffee added to the menu. Have the ingredients where we can buy them from farmers markets. Offer a small side effect to players that drink them. Similar to enchanted foods maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

A blessed bucket of water that never needs refilling or auto-refill's .

A portable cooking device such as those brazier's which used to work for that would be nice . Even fire beetle , hmm i have not even tried that . . .

There are so many things which should stack and do not , what can we do ?
Everyone knows its bad for game dynamics as its not fun to stack things , way too much click stack already in uo . They have thier reason's but i think it comes down to not being a priority to make say chocolate stack . . .
Which now that i think of it like that , the space they would save and we would save would make it well worthwhile .

I am pretty sure chocolatering is permanent .

It would make a nice craftable wood bowls but the whole exceptional this and that combined , i dunno . . . Honestly do not think any chef's are making that many of them so to buy and eat 20 bowls of corn is not too difficult .

NOT another bod collection please ! All these uo fools need to do PERMANENTLY bring back the clean up uo trash barrel dump . Add to that the choice to be able to use your trash points for the library , zoo , museum etc .
Add the old clean up item's and new for cooking , begging , poisoning . Blessed item's such as those obtained on the new haven quest's but for each lesser used skills . For instance a rolling pin alike jacob's pickaxe that recharge's and has 50 uses . A one tile well for water as the water trough is for pet's .

The drink thing is long over due and would make a good combination adding potions and petal's to them . Also there should be recipe's and a cookbook .
What i would like to see is maybe ten recipe's .

Fish of Greater heal .
Carrot's of Nightsight .
Honey of Total Refresh .
Chocolate of Strength - Rose of trinsic &amp; greater strength . ( for combined str increase affect )
Orange Julia - Orange petals &amp; greater cure . ( perfect time to eat an orange petal when you cure so would be both in one action )
Sausage of Greater Agility .
Also some harder to obtain/ingredient's/recipe type of mana , hp &amp; str regen drinks .

The build a still idea i like alot , they could make the heating stands part of em .

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My idea from the Ideas Den.It covers more than cooking but I think it would be an awsome idea to impliment.
<blockquote><hr>

Imagine it....after a long day hunting swoops and your throat is as dry as the Umbra desert. Where to go for a refreshing stout? Come to "Lebruns Ole Towne Tavern-Home of the Frostwood Stout!

Skills that could be given something to assist in the making of ale. Lumberjacking,leatherworking,glassblowing,tinkering,chef,plant-growing(alchemy),Taste ID.

Lumberjacking:Farm the specific wood for the vats to make different type brewing vats.

Leatherworking: Make the skins that will hold some types of ale/mead.

Glassblowing/Tinkering: Make the barrels specificly for crafted brew to be held for a certain time.

Chef/Brewer: Either add the brewing skill into the chef skill or create a new skill.

Alchemist/plant-grower; Whats a stout without the barley/hops/sugar that goes in it? Make Hops,Barley,Sugar(for Rum) a growable resource.

Taste ID; Ahh yes....can't give out half-fermented stouts to the public now can we?? We need skilled tasters to let us know when it is ready for public consumption!

Each harvested wood would give the crafted stout a different 'flavor'. Example-A brewing vat made from frostwood would give the drinker +3 to frost resistance for 10 minutes. Not too much of an advantage so the PvP'ers wont scream 'nerf' at the idea. Also make it where the vats and barrels wear out over time...nothing should last forever...we already have too much of that in the game. This way each skill in the string is always in demand. You can't just drop down a vat for each wood and not have to worry about it again.

[/ QUOTE ]