• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Cooking] A chef's wish list

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I know there are so many more important things for the Devs to work on in UO, but my unemployed chef has been daydreaming about being able to make new edibles...

Chocolate [Devil's Food?] cake (we already have the ingredients)
Key Lime pie (that actually looks like one, unlike the other pie graphics)
Doughnuts (different icing colors)

Anyone else having "sweet" dreams? :)

Addendum: It might be nice to have another plant, also, to produce vanilla beans. Per Wikipedia: "Vanilla is a flavoring derived from orchids of the genus Vanilla, primarily from the Mexican species, Flat-leaved Vanilla (V. planifolia)."

E

elspeth

Ahh! but to really make it be real, they'd have to make those vanilla beans REALLY REALLY hard to grow and very slow. Vanilla orchids take forever and are quite picky.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ahh! but to really make it be real, they'd have to make those vanilla beans REALLY REALLY hard to grow and very slow. Vanilla orchids take forever and are quite picky.
They could make it a "peculiar" seed and code it similar to Seeds of Renewal... it would have to go through a specified number of days in its growth cycle, with no guarantee on how many resources (if any) you'll get when you harvest them. Instead of a number under the resource symbol, there could be a question mark. :)

Z

Zoe Blackstone

Some things that would be nice to grow are the different herbs. I'd like to have a basil plant. You would clip it and then use the leaves in recipe's. More seasoning would give bonus's like the fish pies do. Also, add Rosemary, Thyme and Sage to this list.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I love your idea, Zoe. If the price for the current ingredients for fish pies was lowered and other seasonings added (we might even be ablel to forage for wild herbs), there might finally be a market for them.

S

soulstoner

#1: Expansion of the Chocolatiering Menu (the little nubs are lack luster) .. hoping those three (3) Stat boosting cakes that were in the Shard of the Dead this year will become craftable ... they were stackable & awesome. The 4 chocolatiering ingredients found on the Ish paragons are going to waste & need double checked on the stackability thereof. :bdh:

#2: The ability to craft the Samuel's Secret Sauce & Mento Seasoning would be kewl with economical ingredients --- maybe even have some dark truffle locating/sniffing pigs to aid with the Fish Pie Crafting.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
#2: The ability to craft the Samuel's Secret Sauce & Mento Seasoning would be kewl with economical ingredients --- maybe even have some dark truffle locating/sniffing pigs to aid with the Fish Pie Crafting.
Love the truffle-sniffer! That's one of the most creative ideas I've heard recently. :)