• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] A check NOT yellow...., what is it worth ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still have a check of the first types, not yellowish like the ones we got now, but of the neutral color like mini-house deeds, so to speak.....

And on top of that, as an added bonus, it is also of a 1 gp value (i.e. a rarer kind....).

What would it be worth nowadays ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 1 gold checks are still able to be made. Not sure about white checks.

The thing is that this is a "white" check of the first type, before they were made yellowish.

It is possible perhaps to make a 1 gp "yellowish" check but definately it ain't possible to reproduce a "white" check and even less one that is of a 1 gp value.....

Whatever check one tried to make now, whatever the value, will come out yellowish, NOT white.

This one I have is a true rare, and pretty damn rare I would imagine........

Anyone else got around 1 gp "white" checks ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My estimate would be 1-2 million.

Well, considering that this item is now a true rare, and quite very rare also (does anyone else have white checks of 1 gp value ??), I would find it unusual if it had such a low value.....

I mean, a lot many other items, regularly spawning and not being true rares, are worth a whole lot more than 1 or 2 millions gps.......

L

lupushor

Well, considering that this item is now a true rare, and quite very rare also (does anyone else have white checks of 1 gp value ??), I would find it unusual if it had such a low value.....

I mean, a lot many other items, regularly spawning and not being true rares, are worth a whole lot more than 1 or 2 millions gps.......

A lot of questions pop in my head reading this, but I hope I'm strong enough to restrain myself from asking them.

but...

1. I have a white check for 16.453gps, does ANYONE else have a check for this EXACT ammount? well.....guess that makes it unique in game, I'm rich!
2. My check is a legit old item, yours was made using an exploit, making it at least a questionable item.
3. I totally agree with Assia's PC, that's the trading range for white checks, when they do trade.
4. I wouldn't pay myself 2gps for your check and I think of myself as a big spender.

Good luck.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. I have a white check for 16.453gps, does ANYONE else have a check for this EXACT ammount? well.....guess that makes it unique in game, I'm rich!

It was my understanding that the rarity of a "rare" was quite a major factor in determining its value.......

Now, is my reasoning, are the odds to bump into a "white" check for a regular amount like yours the same or perhaps lower than the odds of bumping into a check that has an odd value ?

I would guess, that the odds are much lower for the "white" check of an odd value rather than a "white" check of a regular amount.......

2. My check is a legit old item, yours was made using an exploit, making it at least a questionable item.
What about "Server birth" rares then like the 2-storey Statue just to name one example ?

A whole lot or the most wanted rares in UO might have surfaced not exactly through regular game play.......I am surprised that this argument is even brought up..........

3. I totally agree with Assia's PC, that's the trading range for white checks, when they do trade.
Well, regardless from the fact that I have one, I cannot possibly agree that a true rare, and quite a rare one also, could sell for what a regularly spawning other item in the game (for example a low-mid range 120 powerscroll.....) would sell......

4. I wouldn't pay myself 2gps for your check and I think of myself as a big spender.
Rares are pretty much a personal thing, since it is hardly possible to have all rares existing in the game and those new always coming up, I guess it is necessary to make choices and some people like to focus on some rares while other people like to focus on other rares.

The fact that some players might not find interest in some rares does not mean that other players might not instead be very much interested in them.......

At least, that is how I see it.....

L

lupushor

... usual popps chatter ...
You asked for a price check and you received two similar quotations.

Why do you keep asking for pricing help if you already know better than all of us?

Go ahead and try selling your awesome item for 100mil for all I care. You certainly have the right to do so.

Pricing Background : I have seen at least 10 white checks for sale, none priced over 2mils, most of them around 1mil, most of those 10 failed to be sold. I have sold myself one white check at Chessy Fest for 1mil, after 5 days on vendor. I'm sure Assia P. has an even wider knowledge on these things than me.

Be Respectful and don't challenge a Pricing if you lack the Knowledge, basing the arguments entirely on your Feelings. I suggest keeping the item if it means that much to you.

*tips hat*

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stand by my price check despite you attempting to argue that it is worth more. 1, 69, 666, 100k, 500k, 1m, etc were more popular numbered checks. I'm sorry my price check isn't to your liking, but your item isn't as rare as you think it is and due to it being a common graphic it isn't as desirable as you might think.

You already seem to have a magical figure in your head of how much your check is worth. Go ahead and try to sell it for that and perhaps someone will see your item as you do. You will find that the community may become unwilling to help you with future price checks if you repeat this over and over. If you don't agree, don't follow it when you price your item. If you don't want an opinion, don't ask.

Good luck with your item.

F

Fraggles

i have 2 white checks and after trying to sell them on vendor for 2m each (they are 1m checks) gave up and took them off because they never sold

Tamergirl

Journeyman
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
popps;2026224 Anyone else got around 1 gp "white" checks ?[/QUOTE said:
Ive got a white check..value 1..so more do exist..

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bottom line is, the main criteria for determining the value of an item is its desirability. I would pay 10 gp for that white check. Assia was more generous than I on quoting it at 1-2 mil.

No one is arguing that its a rare but a rare that no one wants is not worth much. But hey, at least you know its worth 1 gp :)

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No one is arguing that its a rare but a rare that no one wants is not worth much.

Well, that is a valid point I would say.......

Then, I wonder, what determines "desirability" of a rare ?

I mean, if the actual "rarity" is not a factor for a collector in wanting to get a rare as I was imagining, then, I wonder, what is it ?

Clearly, its usability as an actual weapon or armor with exceptional modifiers might make it very desirable but nowadays, with replicas, these types of "rares" are not that frequent to see.

So, all is left for "rares", is "deco" items. But if the actual rarity ain't a big boost in wanting any given rare, then is it its looks ?

Is it better, to a "rares collector", a rare that is less rare but better looking than a rare that is more rarer but not as nice to see ??

My thinking was that, to a "rares collector", the actual rarity was to be a bigger priority in wanting to get an item than the actual looks. Apparently, it ain't so ?

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
popps white checks are not very rare, pre em event items most collectors had them, and even then were very inexpensive, you should compare it to a guild deed, rare but not really worth a lot!! and white checks were never rare just uncommon!!!!!!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, that is a valid point I would say.......

Then, I wonder, what determines "desirability" of a rare ?

I mean, if the actual "rarity" is not a factor for a collector in wanting to get a rare as I was imagining, then, I wonder, what is it ?

Clearly, its usability as an actual weapon or armor with exceptional modifiers might make it very desirable but nowadays, with replicas, these types of "rares" are not that frequent to see.

So, all is left for "rares", is "deco" items. But if the actual rarity ain't a big boost in wanting any given rare, then is it its looks ?

Is it better, to a "rares collector", a rare that is less rare but better looking than a rare that is more rarer but not as nice to see ??

My thinking was that, to a "rares collector", the actual rarity was to be a bigger priority in wanting to get an item than the actual looks. Apparently, it ain't so ?
hmm, I can't speak for others but for me. when I make a decision to invest in a rare I use a combination of the following reasons and the weight in each of these reasons changes depending on how much each factor influences my overall desirability for the item:

1. Quantity - this would be true in the case of your item.
2. Functionality - is the item wearable, wield-able, decorative?
3. Name - does the name sound appealing?
4. Graphic - is this a graphic not often seen in the game?
5. Hue - is it something anyone can make from the various dyes out there or is this a special hue
6. Invest-ability - is this something that can be resold later? It doesn't mean it will ever be sold but the thought that it could is actually a reason for some people to collect.
7. Experience with the market. This sort of ties in with #6 but the difference is that if this factor was used then the item most likely will be re-sold down the road if purchased. In your case, the opposite had happened, i.e. asking for a price check and gotten little interests from it. So sometimes asking a public price check can be a double edged sword.
8. Desirability - for some people, owning something that other desires is in itself a reason to collect.

While collectors may consciously or unconsciously uses some or all of these factors when deciding on whether or not to buy an item, there is always the X factor, i.e. someone out there has been dreaming of owning a 1 gp white check since the dawn of time and will pay you 100 mil for it so that "factor" can never be ruled out. But usually when a week goes by and still not a positive response or PM from anyone pretty much tells you that the item was meant for you to collect only and no one else. :)

L

lupushor

hmm, I can't speak for others but for me. when I make a decision to invest in a rare I use a combination of the following reasons and the weight in each of these reasons changes depending on how much each factor influences my overall desirability for the item:

1. Quantity - this would be true in the case of your item.
2. Functionality - is the item wearable, wield-able, decorative?
3. Name - does the name sound appealing?
4. Graphic - is this a graphic not often seen in the game?
5. Hue - is it something anyone can make from the various dyes out there or is this a special hue
6. Invest-ability - is this something that can be resold later? It doesn't mean it will ever be sold but the thought that it could is actually a reason for some people to collect.
7. Experience with the market. This sort of ties in with #6 but the difference is that if this factor was used then the item most likely will be re-sold down the road if purchased. In your case, the opposite had happened, i.e. asking for a price check and gotten little interests from it. So sometimes asking a public price check can be a double edged sword.
8. Desirability - for some people, owning something that other desires is in itself a reason to collect.

While collectors may consciously or unconsciously uses some or all of these factors when deciding on whether or not to buy an item, there is always the X factor, i.e. someone out there has been dreaming of owning a 1 gp white check since the dawn of time and will pay you 100 mil for it so that "factor" can never be ruled out. But usually when a week goes by and still not a positive response or PM from anyone pretty much tells you that the item was meant for you to collect only and no one else. :)
Make this a sticky!

:party:

L

lupushor

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.......*large grin*

I would like to add a funny thing that I just thought about. :)

I will boastly announce that i consider 1gp white checks to be the least valuable of all white checks around. Why would that be? Because you can actually decrease the value of a white check at any given time, to any given value below what you already have. It has happened to me with my current 110.000gps check, which was originally about 400-500k me thinks. It happened by mistake while I kept it in bank (stupid me) and I bought something from a player vendor causing the game to take some cash from the white check (just like it happens to regular yellow checks). I just spent 15mins copying my white check to Test shard make a vendor sell an item for 109.999gps and i bought it with only the 110k white check in bank. What do you know? The check just turned to 1gp value. Hihihihi. Funny as hell. Simple logic tells that practically all of the white checks in existance could be turned into 1gp white checks, making this item about....the most worthless check ever....and that makes PERFECT sense, cos it's a freaking 1gp check !!!

Case closed.

No, not closed yet :) I dare popps to turn his 1gp check into an 110k check like mine :) Hihihi. Again, simple logic makes 1mil white checks the most valuable white checks around. Go Fraggles! :)

Btw !!! All white checks owners !!! Please be careful and do not keep checks in bank.

....Mmmm...yeah, It's closed now.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I will boastly announce that i consider 1gp white checks to be the least valuable of all white checks around. Why would that be? Because you can actually decrease the value of a white check at any given time, to any given value below what you already have. It has happened to me with my current 110.000gps check, which was originally about 400-500k me thinks. It happened by mistake while I kept it in bank (stupid me) and I bought something from a player vendor causing the game to take some cash from the white check (just like it happens to regular yellow checks). I just spent 15mins copying my white check to Test shard make a vendor sell an item for 109.999gps and i bought it with only the 110k white check in bank. What do you know? The check just turned to 1gp value. Hihihihi. Funny as hell. Simple logic tells that practically all of the white checks in existance could be turned into 1gp white checks, making this item about....the most worthless check ever....and that makes PERFECT sense, cos it's a freaking 1gp check !!!

Case closed.

No, not closed yet :) I dare popps to turn his 1gp check into an 110k check like mine :) Hihihi. Again, simple logic makes 1mil white checks the most valuable white checks around. Go Fraggles! :)

Btw !!! All white checks owners !!! Please be careful and do not keep checks in bank.

I have a 1 mil white check still :)

F

Fraggles

Case closed.

HAHA thats great! very funny